Wii and PS3 sales neck and neck in Australia

LAMO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YOU FAIL! you moron, don't you know only use VGcharts?

PS3: 3.3
Wii: almost 7 million

Lol. The article has quite a few confusing things in.
Interestingly, despite the higher price tags of the PS3 and Xbox360, Nintendo is the only company that actually makes money from selling its console. Both Sony and Nintendo loose money on each console they sell.
In terms of revenue, the AUS$999 PS3 was the stand out winner, generating AUS$27 million of sales revenue, compared to the AUS$399 Wii, which generated just $11 million of sales. The AUS$650 Xbox 360 generated $13 million of sales.
So, because of the price of the PS3, it generated more revenue... ...not sure how that would be relevant to anything but okay...
The best-selling console games console by units sales was Sony’s elderly PlayStation 2, which sold an 48,000 units.
While I don't doubt what the article says, it could be better written...

Wiiownu said:
LAMO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YOU FAIL! you moron, don't you know only use VGcharts?
Didn't know VGcharts had a region specific part...

Wiiownu said:

in austrilia?
no YOU FAIL LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLMAOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
HE WAS TALKING ABOUT AUSTRAILA
dee de dee

In the US wii sales are almost tripling ps3 sales. (Nintendo's Wii was the best-selling console in February in the U.S. with 335 thousand units sold, easily topping Sony's PlayStation 3 127k units)
http://ce.seekingalpha.com/article/29923

In Japan wii sales are overwhelming the ps3 sales.
http://www.noeman.org/gsm/video-games-general-talk/19611-console-sales-japan-5-11-february.html

Wii: 78,550
PlayStation 3: 23,431

Both from February , the first over a period of a month, the second over a week.

However it is weird that Australia is different in such a way, this article says that in Australia the wii has sold 80,000 whereas the ps3 has sold 36,000. http://xbox360.qj.net/Australia-and-next-gen-sales-figures/pg/49/aid/91124

Carrying on with the madness in this thread, all I have to say is:
SOMEONE SAID SOMETHING ON THE INTERWEBS SO IT MUST BE TRUE.

Flagel said:
In the US wii sales are almost tripling ps3 sales. (Nintendo's Wii was the best-selling console in February in the U.S. with 335 thousand units sold, easily topping Sony's PlayStation 3 127k units)
http://ce.seekingalpha.com/article/29923

In Japan wii sales are overwhelming the ps3 sales.
http://www.noeman.org/gsm/video-games-general-talk/19611-console-sales-japan-5-11-february.html

Wii: 78,550
PlayStation 3: 23,431

Both from February , the first over a period of a month, the second over a week.

However it is weird that Australia is different in such a way, this article says that in Australia the wii has sold 80,000 whereas the ps3 has sold 36,000. http://xbox360.qj.net/Australia-and-next-gen-sales-figures/pg/49/aid/91124

Carrying on with the madness in this thread, all I have to say is:
SOMEONE SAID SOMETHING ON THE INTERWEBS SO IT MUST BE TRUE.

I'm well aware of the stats US and Australia, so that gay little rant wasn't needed.

But oh well what can you do, there's always one jerkoff in every thread

tgjester7 said:
I'm well aware of the stats US and Australia, so that gay little rant wasn't needed.

But oh well what can you do, there's always one jerkoff in every thread

Yes because console sales are completely unrelated to this thread, and just because you can't have a mature discussion about it doesn't mean you have to be an asshat about it.

Flagel said:
Yes because console sales are completely unrelated to this thread, and just because you can't have a mature discussion about it doesn't mean you have to be an asshat about it.

Tell me one thing about your original post that was mature

tgjester7 said:
Tell me one thing about your original post that was mature

Looking up and finding console sales, without adding any personal bias to them.
Not flaming any console but rather saying that the original article posted was interesting, and then linking contradictory evidence.

Flagel said:
Looking up and finding console sales, without adding any personal bias to them.
Not flaming any console but rather saying that the original article posted was interesting, and then linking contradictory evidence.

Everyone's pretty much aware of the console sales in North America and Japan, I even bought a Wii myself. You were just trying to be a smart ass

tgjester7 said:
Everyone's pretty much aware of the console sales in North America and Japan, I even bought a Wii myself. You were just trying to be a smart ass

Nothing wrong with re-posting the sales in a SALES thread. So now that I countered all your little whiny posts you just call me a smart ass. Grow up.

Flagel said:
Nothing wrong with re-posting the sales in a SALES thread. So now that I countered all your little whiny posts you just call me a smart ass. Grow up.

Ah, another fanboy projecting his lack of maturity. :lol:

Well, at least you make the forums interesting! :thumbsup:

tgjester7 said:
Ah, another fanboy projecting his lack of maturity. :lol:

Well, at least you make the forums interesting! :thumbsup:

Thats it, just claim i'm a fanboy because you know i'm right. In none of my posts did I say anything fanboyish, I merely posted facts. It seems to be that all you've done is prove me right in saying you need to grow up. Thanks for that.
:)

Flagel said:
Thats it, just claim i'm a fanboy because you know i'm right. In none of my posts did I say anything fanboyish, I merely posted facts. It seems to be that all you've done is prove me right in saying you need to grow up. Thanks for that.
:)

Haha, every post keeps getting whinier. Keep at it :D

*grabs some popcorn*

Wiiownu said:

Whats up with your rep.. its grey :S

Anyway those are sales worldwide not Aussie.

Back