Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Wii and PS3 sales neck and neck in Australia

Discussion in 'Playstation Consoles' started by tgjester7, May 6, 2007.

1. tgjester7

tgjester7 WiiChat Member

2. Wiiownu

Wiiownu Banned

LAMO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YOU FAIL! you moron, don't you know only use VGcharts?

PS3: 3.3
    Wii: almost 7 million

3. Squall7

Squall7 A li'l bit different

Wii Friend Code: 8420-0141-9022-6948
    8420-0141-9022-6948
    Lol. The article has quite a few confusing things in.
    So, because of the price of the PS3, it generated more revenue... ...not sure how that would be relevant to anything but okay...
    While I don't doubt what the article says, it could be better written...

Didn't know VGcharts had a region specific part...

4. Sovieto

Sovieto Banned

in austrilia?
    no YOU FAIL LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLMAOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    HE WAS TALKING ABOUT AUSTRAILA
    dee de dee

• Like Like x 1
  5. Flagel

Flagel Soul of highest Calibur

Wii Friend Code: 4883-9225-1818-3903
    4883-9225-1818-3903
    In the US wii sales are almost tripling ps3 sales. (Nintendo's Wii was the best-selling console in February in the U.S. with 335 thousand units sold, easily topping Sony's PlayStation 3 127k units)
    http://ce.seekingalpha.com/article/29923

In Japan wii sales are overwhelming the ps3 sales.
    http://www.noeman.org/gsm/video-games-general-talk/19611-console-sales-japan-5-11-february.html

Wii: 78,550
    PlayStation 3: 23,431

Both from February , the first over a period of a month, the second over a week.

However it is weird that Australia is different in such a way, this article says that in Australia the wii has sold 80,000 whereas the ps3 has sold 36,000. http://xbox360.qj.net/Australia-and-next-gen-sales-figures/pg/49/aid/91124

Carrying on with the madness in this thread, all I have to say is:
    SOMEONE SAID SOMETHING ON THE INTERWEBS SO IT MUST BE TRUE.

6. tgjester7

tgjester7 WiiChat Member

I'm well aware of the stats US and Australia, so that gay little rant wasn't needed.

But oh well what can you do, there's always one jerkoff in every thread

7. Flagel

4883-9225-1818-3903
    Yes because console sales are completely unrelated to this thread, and just because you can't have a mature discussion about it doesn't mean you have to be an asshat about it.

8. tgjester7

tgjester7 WiiChat Member

Tell me one thing about your original post that was mature

9. Flagel

4883-9225-1818-3903
    Looking up and finding console sales, without adding any personal bias to them.
    Not flaming any console but rather saying that the original article posted was interesting, and then linking contradictory evidence.

10. tgjester7

tgjester7 WiiChat Member

Everyone's pretty much aware of the console sales in North America and Japan, I even bought a Wii myself. You were just trying to be a smart ass

11. Flagel

4883-9225-1818-3903
    Nothing wrong with re-posting the sales in a SALES thread. So now that I countered all your little whiny posts you just call me a smart ass. Grow up.

12. tgjester7

tgjester7 WiiChat Member

Ah, another fanboy projecting his lack of maturity. :lol:

Well, at least you make the forums interesting! :thumbsup:

13. Flagel

4883-9225-1818-3903
    Thats it, just claim i'm a fanboy because you know i'm right. In none of my posts did I say anything fanboyish, I merely posted facts. It seems to be that all you've done is prove me right in saying you need to grow up. Thanks for that.
    :)

14. tgjester7

tgjester7 WiiChat Member

Haha, every post keeps getting whinier. Keep at it :D

*grabs some popcorn*

15. Happy

Happy Dobedobebo

Wii Friend Code: 0710-2343-2773-8881
    0710-2343-2773-8881
    Whats up with your rep.. its grey :S

Anyway those are sales worldwide not Aussie.

16. Shiftfallout

Shiftfallout shiftfallout.com

he didnt bother reading the post at all, im sure he feels very smart by now.

I think the best part about the wii is its the same price as the original NES when it first came out. 250$ buckeroos. Considering the fact money value has gone up, that price is easily affordable and easily purchased. Ill be honest with you though, if nintendo put in a better cpu and graphics chip, I would gladly pay for it. Right its graphical and cpu capabilities are last gen and it loses its potential. Fun system but the next wave of consoles will all have motion sensing and most likely the best gaming capaibilities, an opportunity lost for nintendo in my opinion.

Its not suprising the PS3 will do well in some places, its a great system with lots of potential. I am just ashamed its the UK and Aussies buying more PS3s than wiis. America and canada seem to favor the cheaper more. Either way, a good gamer would own both systems.

17. ---Brian---

---Brian--- WiiChat Member

Ive always had a theory that us Brits(Plus Austraila as it is a British colony to some excent) didn't realise the value of items as much as Americans. This isnt supposed to be offensive but ive always felt Americans where a bit tight with there money, yet most of my mates(like 20) were all 16-17 don't consider the Ps3 pricey, and are all planning to get one from just our pocket money we save, ive saved up £310 so far, think my parent gonna gimme my £800 from my communion also(Im a catholic) what im saying is it seems as if the price of the Ps3 in the Uk isn't as big of a problem as it is in America, i always thought America was a wealthier country, but it possibly isnt, Uk has free health care, this may be why we can afford to spend money on more materialistic objects. Also in Dollors we pay like $850 for a Ps3, compared to America's $599, and our Ps3 don't have backwards capacitys although ive heard a lot of this has been fixed in firm-ware updates. Were paying more for a worse put together console, yet americans are complaining, i just cant understand that lol.

18. Shiftfallout

Shiftfallout shiftfallout.com

I couldnt agree with you more. I am a proud american, but i am not blind to the ways of popular culture. Theres a lot of complaining that is going on with our country, we are split with what we feel is right and wrong. We are a wealhty nation, yet the problem is, we expect EVERYTHING to be given to us. That is the problem, I love my country and I know every nation has its issues, humans are not perfect, but to some extent these people are rediculous. Personally I blame it on how parents are raising their children, but hey thats just me. The USA is a great country to achieve your dreams, ONLY if you have the desire and willpower to do so. Right now we have a lot of people that expect everything to be made easy for them... the USA was not made off of easy, it was made off of hard work, deaths, and the drive for freedom. Right now we are in a state of denial, and its not just the USA, but many countries. The world is changing, and its not for the better. The USA is a great place, but you noticed one of our flaws, and I will not deny it. Every nation is flawed, and being on top has made many of our citizens cocky.

#18 Shiftfallout, May 7, 2007
    Last edited: May 7, 2007
  19. Squall7

Squall7 A li'l bit different

Wii Friend Code: 8420-0141-9022-6948
    8420-0141-9022-6948
    Also helps if you're white, male, heterosexual etc...

While America is a powerful country, it's not as "free" as many believe. I also believe propogating doctorine of the US has lead to many of it's citizens being arrogant (which is where the UK government got this whole teaching "Britishness" to our children, idea from). That's not to say that people from the UK cannot be arrogant, just that it seems to be more prevailent in the US. UK people complain a lot about tonnes of things in our society, and try to demand change. The US is a little different from what I see.

Also, I don't understand this idea that money is healthy. Money is a means to and ends. It's a development from bartering so that everything has a set value (though changable through time and to a certain extent location). It is however not healthy to be trying your best to hog wealth. The only way to gain wealth is to take it from others, whether they willingly accept a price or whether they are robbed. There is only a finite amount of money in the world, and only a finite amount of resources. Since resources are reliant on money, shouldn't it be a case of take what you need and live, rather than to keep taking, knowing that you'll never need all of it (to some super rich people).

...In the end, the agenda of money will be mankind's downfall. "Money is the root of all evil". Not too far off...

20. sagema

sagema 3D Artist

Wii Friend Code: 4496-9128-1304-3457
    4496-9128-1304-3457
    I'm going to take the high ground and say, Australia gets screwed over for game and console releases. They are one of the few countries that pay the most for games. Despite this they pull in very good revenue for the game industry.