Wii and the GC Memory Card

DarkenSpirit

Grey Knight
Dec 20, 2006
Pennslyvania
It seems whatever GC game I play on my Wii with the memory card in, the Wii decides to eat up the data on my memory card and say it doesnt exist and write over it. I have lost my SSBM data, My Mario Kart Double Dash data this way. It always happens i would play it on my GC for some time and did a test. Popped the game into my Wii and it ate my data. First it would say that data does not exist for the game and ask if I wish to create a new save.

Anyone know why?

Some stuff.>.

My wii is upright on a Chill Station and it is fully internet capable. It is fully updated. Nothing more I know that might help. Never used a SDK card either.

check your save settings make sure you didnt change anything that would make it write onto the card or over it...
and if its a 3rd party card you might be outta luck... i still use my gamecube for gamecube games... no reason to toss it in the closet just cause of the wii... just get an extra card and back it up first before you try it next time make sure its nintendo licensed.. they seem to be hating on any 3rd party stuff on the wii...

i use a black GC memory card... and no i havent altered any settings that i know of >>

ah well. I heard Gamecubes arent being made anymore.

I've heard about this.
I haven't tried it yet but you could try actually using your Game Cube instead.
It might be a glitch.
Which could be fixed with an update.

I just bought Wind Waker again and forgot I didn't have a GC mem card. :[ So I just went on Amazon and bought a MadCatz GC mem card.. So now I have to leave my Wii on for 3-7 days. Dunno if that's smart. I already played like two hours into WW though.

I'm gonna just go up to the store tomorrow and get a mem card and send back the one I bought from Amazon. I dunno what I was thinking, but I am not leaving my Wii on for that long. :/

Cause I bought Wind Waker again(sold it a long time ago), thought I still had my GC memory card, but I didn't. I played into it even though I couldn't find the memory card. So I went on Amazon and bought a memory card from there, and the shipping says 3-7 days. >_<

I'll probably just go to the store and buy a Nintendo memory card after reading everything in this thread, and just return the crappy MadCatz I ordered off Amazon. I don't want my **** getting erased.

Ahhh, I see. That makes a ton more sense now. Alright. lol
You know, leaving it on probably wouldn't kill your wii... It MAY melt however... lol JK

You wii will be fine. For the most part my wii stays on from Sunday afternoon to Friday afternoon. Even longer if I don't end up taking it with me anywhere on the weekend. Doesn't run hot or anything.

A disk WOULD be running the whole time, he said he needed to leave it on so he could save where he got to on WindWaker.

:p I bought a memory card today. I hope Nintendo updates the Wii so we don't have to turn the Wii off once it's in Gamecube mode. Or am I missing a way to do it?

Back