Wii Bashing

thats true, galaxys and metroid (and ssbb) are goin to be huge that are, inevitably and almost unfortunatly, going to define the wii. theres a need for the less sterotypical nintendo games to be realesed on the wii to stop the 'wii bashing'. the godfather for example, was a great game (besides graphics and alot of glitches!) another game like that would do wonders for the wii

Ness said:
thats true, galaxys and metroid (and ssbb) are goin to be huge that are, inevitably and almost unfortunatly, going to define the wii. theres a need for the less sterotypical nintendo games to be realesed on the wii to stop the 'wii bashing'. the godfather for example, was a great game (besides graphics and alot of glitches!) another game like that would do wonders for the wii

Yeah, just give it time and those games like scarface and such will be great as they had great potential.

It is a shame the stereotypical game's will be defining it although Metroid does look great.

It took 360 just over a year to get gears of war, mass effect etc. just give the wii some time and it will have some defining games.

Ness said:
damn straight! man, it was good to finally have a nice conversation with someone on wiichat!

Yeah, I hope you stick around more.

By the way, what do you think of Umbrella Chronicles for the wii?

closest i ever got to a final fantasy game was the kingdom hearts on the ps2. by the time i really started noticing the franchise it was up to the 7th game so i just decided to stay away:lol:
i dunno much about it but would say it would do pretty good, to fans of the series at least

Ness said:
closest i ever got to a final fantasy game was the kingdom hearts on the ps2. by the time i really started noticing the franchise it was up to the 7th game so i just decided to stay away:lol:
i dunno much about it but would say it would do pretty good, to fans of the series at least

Crystal Chronicles - Final Fantasy

Umbrella Chronicles - Resident evil

I have stayed away from final fantasy too and kingdom hearts:lol:

:lol: haha my bad! yeh i played resident evil on the cube and it was allrite, but havent really played much resident evil ever. not really a fan of it.. i'm goin to bed now its gettin late here in aus, have a good one mate nice talkin to ya.

Ness said:
:lol: haha my bad! yeh i played resident evil on the cube and it was allrite, but havent really played much resident evil ever. not really a fan of it.. i'm goin to bed now its gettin late here in aus, have a good one mate nice talkin to ya.

Yeah, UC is a on rails shooter like time crisis but with zombies and such and locations from resident evil games, looks pretty good and fairly easy to pick up and play. Some zombie AI looks rather weird tho.

Yeah, nice talking to you, night.

:drool:.....umbrella chronicles.....and......crystal chronicles........hey they both have chronicles in the title....:lol:
im hoping that crystal chronicles has wifi...........

I agree with what you wrote in the original post. Nintendo continues to be accused of repeating what's already been done while the other consoles are doing the exact same thing and everybody likes them. According to VGChartz, the Wii has sold more consoles than the XBOX 360 right now so Nintendo has to be doing something right.

Sovieto said:
not really. have you played BioShock, Gears of War, or upcoming Mass Effect or Too Human? Those are new original games/franchises that have and are coming to the 360. PS3 has Lair, Heavenly Sword, and Resistance: Fall of Man.
SSB is young but we've seen it on 3 consoles. Mario Strikers is good but its a sequel, its by no means a killer app, just a filler. Wii needs a new original killer app that should be mature if they ever wants to get a name for itself.

Fair enough, but yes those games are young, and so is the system itself.
They will have new projects, but sometime down the road, a few more systems away, who knows, they could not come up with as many new things and just keep on making the old games "new". At least with the Mario franchise he can play soccer :lol:..but seriously back on point, that could happen it may not. All I am saying is that xbox itself is a youngin'. Ninty has been around the block a few times.

Also 2 of the halo games were on one console, just as Metroid was, and then the new Halo game is on the 360, as with Metroid 3 on the Wii...interesting :shifty:

CantGetAWii said:
Fair enough, but yes those games are young, and so is the system itself.
They will have new projects, but sometime down the road, a few more systems away, who knows, they could not come up with as many new things and just keep on making the old games "new". At least with the Mario franchise he can play soccer :lol:..but seriously back on point, that could happen it may not. All I am saying is that xbox itself is a youngin'. Ninty has been around the block a few times.

Also 2 of the halo games were on one console, just as Metroid was, and then the new Halo game is on the 360, as with Metroid 3 on the Wii...interesting :shifty:

Also the fact that both games are set to finish the series.

Halo does have halo wars coming out but that is not the main game series.
I am unsure where but in a few places I read that this is samus aran's last outing. I may be wrong tho.

The Wii is really missing any great racing games! I am used to playing racers like GT and Burnout and games like that. I have got NFS: Carbon in the post to me now but that si the only game i can find like this ON THE WII!

However, this said I do like the wii but am fed up of 'cartoon like' games and want something real like the PS3 and 360 have got!

Waiting for Nitrobike and Galaxy. They'll both RAWK!!! Of Many 360 fans and PS3 fans I've met that have a real life. All of them like the Wii as well.

Last edited:
I hate people calling Nintendo "kiddie". There are some M games out and I don't think they're kiddie (although I have never played one) people judge say there could be an amazing Mario game, but they'll just say "oh, another Mario game. forget that." I hate it when people judge other people/things. It is one of the things that makes me really mad.

Anyway, Wii has proved how well it has done, and passed up 360.

I'm waiting for Galaxy, Brawl, and Metroid Prime 3.

Back