Wii Begginer please help!!

samsam123

WiiChat Member
Jul 13, 2009
So i jus bought a wii with my girlfriend and realised i know nothing about it except how fun it is, my question is a basic one regarding the Mii's skill level, basically how do i make it go up? i played all the sports on the wii sports game i got in multiplayer mode with my girlfriend aswell, i got sum pretty respectable score yet my skill level stayed on zero? why is this and what is the point of a skill level??

Congratulations on your new Wii and welcome to Wiichat! :)

The skill levels in Wii Sports don't serve much purpose, other than to show you that you are getting better at the game and give you something to aim for. They only increase in single player mode (except for bowling and golf).

You'll probably notice that in some sports the levels will change quite a lot (especially bowling) but in some others (boxing, tennis) it will take a long time for there to be much change.

When you reach a certain skill level in a sport you get 'pro' status, which alters the Mii's appearance in some (bowling ball with stars on it, different coloured boxing gloves etc).

If you enjoy Wii Sports and would like more of the same then don't buy any of the knock offs (Deca Sports, Carnival Games, Game Party etc). Wait for Wii Sports Resort to be released later this month which increases the amount of events to 12 (only 5 in Wii Sports) and adds in the motion plus attachment for improved control.

Congrats on your new Wii. I think you gain skill points by playing single player, but I don't remember exactly. Good luck with it, though.

Thanks very much for your help giuys much appreciateddddd

Back