Wii... Boring?

The games are coming.

And its really a matter of knowing what your getting yourself into when you buy a system, along with getting the right games so your not complaining..because quite frankly, those games you listed (most of them) are BORING.

Super Mario Galaxy is shaping up to be a great game.
That one is one I am most looking forward to.

Also, look around on sites, find out some news on upcoming games.
You may surprise yourself.

People like Wiil and yungblood6 are not alone, as it seems studies and surveys are turning up all over saying (such as this one on Joystiq) there are a large number of Wii owners not playing there Wii's. Even if you don't believe in such results, you can see it for yourself when you compare the game sales to that of the 360, considering that both systems have sold approximately the same amount of consoles (roughly), the Wii game sales are fractional in comparison. (Not just because of Halo 3.)

There is no doubt there is a large number of killer games on it's way for the Wii, however due to late developer support and slow progress a lot of owners are just getting bored. Regardless if you are open about this boredom or not, with some calling it a "game drought" while others are being more blunt about it, we are all still idling for that next big release. Europe finally got Metroid, and Galaxy is just around the corner for the U.S., and there is still several other great games from a wide array of tastes coming this month and well beyond 2008. It's just a matter of sticking it out until we find that title that best suits your agenda.

Regardless we are all awaiting our own choice in upcoming titles to some degree, even if we don't know what we want. The best advice is to be patient, and find something else to fill your free time until then.

KrisKhaos said:
People like Wiil and yungblood6 are not alone, as it seems studies and surveys are turning up all over saying (such as this one on Joystiq) there are a large number of Wii owners not playing there Wii's. Even if you don't believe in such results, you can see it for yourself when you compare the game sales to that of the 360, considering that both systems have sold approximately the same amount of consoles (roughly), the Wii game sales are fractional in comparison. (Not just because of Halo 3.)

There is no doubt there is a large number of killer games on it's way for the Wii, however due to late developer support and slow progress a lot of owners are just getting bored. Regardless if you are open about this boredom or not, with some calling it a "game drought" while others are being more blunt about it, we are all still idling for that next big release. Europe finally got Metroid, and Galaxy is just around the corner for the U.S., and there is still several other great games from a wide array of tastes coming this month and well beyond 2008. It's just a matter of sticking it out until we find that title that best suits your agenda.

Regardless we are all awaiting our own choice in upcoming titles to some degree, even if we don't know what we want. The best advice is to be patient, and find something else to fill your free time until then.

So those other people don't know what they got themselves into, and do not play the right games as well then?
Thats the big problem, sure there is not many games out right now worth playing (just yet).
Welcome to the first full year in a consoles life is all I have to say.

There's about to be an EXPLOSION of really good games coming out. of course, just in time for the holidays.

Medal of Honor
Fire Emblem
Super Mario Galaxy
Guitar Hero III
Batallion Wars II
Soul Calibur
Trama Center
ETC...

Clearly people have different tastes. It's understandable. But saying nintendo doesn't have fun games coming out is a pretty big stretch. I'm not even intrested in some of the games on the list i just posted, i was just showing some of the titles coming out that WEREN'T like Hannah Montana or Highschool Musical(or whatever other crap is being released on the Wii) and Games that have really good hype behind them.

Rent some of these games after they come out, and if you're still not satisfied, then i guess the Wii isn't for you.

As for myself, I'm going to be VERY busy and VERY broke this holiday season :). Certainly enough games to keep me content until Feb. 10.

KrisKhaos said:
People like Wiil and yungblood6 are not alone, as it seems studies and surveys are turning up all over saying (such as this one on Joystiq) there are a large number of Wii owners not playing there Wii's.
I wouldn't say that joystiq readers are representative of everyone whom has bought a Wii...

Regardless, it's still getting more variety of games than 360 and PS3. Think of their target demographs...

Even if you don't believe in such results, you can see it for yourself when you compare the game sales to that of the 360, considering that both systems have sold approximately the same amount of consoles (roughly), the Wii game sales are fractional in comparison. (Not just because of Halo 3.)
I would like some evidence of that please. We are talking fractional as like 1/3 or less right? Not just "below the 1:1 mark"...

There is no doubt there is a large number of killer games on it's way for the Wii, however due to late developer support and slow progress a lot of owners are just getting bored.
I wouldn't say "a lot". I would say "some". Besides, I would say more developers are producing games faster for the Wii than the 360 and PS3 (for obvious reasons). Look at titles such as "Resident Evil 5", "Devil May Cry 4", "Final Fantasy XIII" and "Metal Gear 4". Those seem to coming way after Brawl, despite us seeing evidence of them since E3 last year! In terms of slow progress, The Wii ain't too bad! (Raving Rabbids 2 for flip sake!).

Regardless if you are open about this boredom or not, with some calling it a "game drought" while others are being more blunt about it, we are all still idling for that next big release.
As with any major game in the foreseeable future on any console.

Europe finally got Metroid, and Galaxy is just around the corner for the U.S., and there is still several other great games from a wide array of tastes coming this month and well beyond 2008. It's just a matter of sticking it out until we find that title that best suits your agenda.
Galaxy isn't that far away for Europe either. There's tonnes of decent games coming out before the end of the year.

Good advice. Personally, I don't know how I'm going to cope. I haven't got round to finishing Super Paper Mario yet, I've just started Metroid Prime 3, in two weeks, I'm thinking of buying The Simpsons game, two weeks after that is Galaxy, then a week or two after that is Umbrella Chronicles. Then there's still games like Ghost Squad and Zack and Wiki. And those are just the ones in 2007!

Well it seems to me that instead of making a thread on a predominately wii based message board (which Nintendo is not affiliated with and does not read)to debate or to ask questions, the purpose of this thread is either just to flame bait or to try and sow the seeds of dissension about a company that you apparently don't seem to care for.

I've been reading several posts as of late and I see a trend: yungblood6 and a few others are quick to trash talk the wii's longevity b/c it lacks a hard drive, and HD cables, and so on. And all because they got bored with their wii 6 weeks after purchase.

So you complain that there are no games of your taste out for the wii. And then go on to say hoe you own all three consoles and how they are leaps and bounds ahead of nintendo, and that casual games suck,ect.

Understand that when approaching a new concept people like to start out small with simple and easy to grasp concepts (casual games.) So just because my grandparents or someone who grew up long before the digital age enjoys the occasional round of wii sports (they're all about some bowling, they get competitive) That makes the wii not worth your money?

But you said that the 360 does the same thing with the classic arcade, so then perhaps you're referring to them delegating whole games over easy to use control schemes and light, enjoyably fun concepts? Alright I'll take that argument.
When the PS3 first launched in my town there was ONE game with online multi player that got publicity that was Resistance: Fall of man.
Everyone rushed out and ate it up, saying it was the Halo killer and all this and that. But that was the ONLY game at the time that was selling s of course it was going to be hyped to hell and back. Now we finally get word that MGS4 is almost ready (and to put a bad aftertaste in my mouth they're killing off the main character), still no news of Kingdom Hearts, God of War. Final Fantasy is is the making. So there you see great potential for the ps3. a lot of promises and yet very little to tide the masses over.

Then there was the 360. With a few sleeper hits and a few great ones out there, all building up to the 'epic' launch of Halo 3. The reason most bought the system. Now that their million dollar baby has arrived they're sitting back and taking it easy as fans go nuts over this one game.

Then you got the Wii. They have several games with varying success over the years. Mario was always a sure hit back in the 16bit days but since Mario 64, people have been less enthusiastic about his adventures than they used to be. But never the less you got Mario Galaxy that looks great IMHO and I will enjoy for a long time I'm sure.
Then we have the SSB series. This was a game that pleased both casual ad hardcore alike. Although not your cup of tea many people love the concept and the games. I myself being one of them. I personally think the game has MUCH more re playability than halo. But that is just me speaking.

If you are so displeased with your wii and own the other two consoles that you seems to enjoy a great deal more, then why not either sell the wii and buy more ps3,360 games? or just play your 360/ps3 until you find a wii game you want again?
Either option is better than making post after post about how bored you are with your wii and how much more you enjoy your other consoles.

Jesus, i didnt mean to start a bloody riot... all i was sayin that I was bored of the Wii, dont all of you get upset cos of it... and all these 'amazing' upcoming games look **** to me apart from Guitar Hero 3 and Manhunt 2............

Wiil said:
Jesus, i didnt mean to start a bloody riot... all i was sayin that I was bored of the Wii, dont all of you get upset cos of it... and all these 'amazing' upcoming games look **** to me apart from Guitar Hero 3 and Manhunt 2............
Hate to break it to you but:
1. Manhunt 2 isn't coming to the UK.
2. The graphics on Manhunt 2 look quite bad. Far from the level of graphics that even some of the third parties are producing (heck, I think Red Steel's graphics are better than Manhunt 2's).
3. Guitar Hero is on 360 and PS3 as well.

Oh, and who was rioting? Lol.

Extra Life Mushroom said:
Well it seems to me that instead of making a thread on a predominately wii based message board (which Nintendo is not affiliated with and does not read)to debate or to ask questions, the purpose of this thread is either just to flame bait or to try and sow the seeds of dissension about a company that you apparently don't seem to care for.

I've been reading several posts as of late and I see a trend: yungblood6 and a few others are quick to trash talk the wii's longevity b/c it lacks a hard drive, and HD cables, and so on. And all because they got bored with their wii 6 weeks after purchase.

So you complain that there are no games of your taste out for the wii. And then go on to say hoe you own all three consoles and how they are leaps and bounds ahead of nintendo, and that casual games suck,ect.

Understand that when approaching a new concept people like to start out small with simple and easy to grasp concepts (casual games.) So just because my grandparents or someone who grew up long before the digital age enjoys the occasional round of wii sports (they're all about some bowling, they get competitive) That makes the wii not worth your money?

But you said that the 360 does the same thing with the classic arcade, so then perhaps you're referring to them delegating whole games over easy to use control schemes and light, enjoyably fun concepts? Alright I'll take that argument.
When the PS3 first launched in my town there was ONE game with online multi player that got publicity that was Resistance: Fall of man.
Everyone rushed out and ate it up, saying it was the Halo killer and all this and that. But that was the ONLY game at the time that was selling s of course it was going to be hyped to hell and back. Now we finally get word that MGS4 is almost ready (and to put a bad aftertaste in my mouth they're killing off the main character), still no news of Kingdom Hearts, God of War. Final Fantasy is is the making. So there you see great potential for the ps3. a lot of promises and yet very little to tide the masses over.

Then there was the 360. With a few sleeper hits and a few great ones out there, all building up to the 'epic' launch of Halo 3. The reason most bought the system. Now that their million dollar baby has arrived they're sitting back and taking it easy as fans go nuts over this one game.

Then you got the Wii. They have several games with varying success over the years. Mario was always a sure hit back in the 16bit days but since Mario 64, people have been less enthusiastic about his adventures than they used to be. But never the less you got Mario Galaxy that looks great IMHO and I will enjoy for a long time I'm sure.
Then we have the SSB series. This was a game that pleased both casual ad hardcore alike. Although not your cup of tea many people love the concept and the games. I myself being one of them. I personally think the game has MUCH more re playability than halo. But that is just me speaking.

If you are so displeased with your wii and own the other two consoles that you seems to enjoy a great deal more, then why not either sell the wii and buy more ps3,360 games? or just play your 360/ps3 until you find a wii game you want again?
Either option is better than making post after post about how bored you are with your wii and how much more you enjoy your other consoles.

Amen brother.
I have been saying this all day, but someone there you mentioned failed to understand what I was saying.

Squall7 said:
Hate to break it to you but:
1. Manhunt 2 isn't coming to the UK.
2. The graphics on Manhunt 2 look quite bad. Far from the level of graphics that even some of the third parties are producing (heck, I think Red Steel's graphics are better than Manhunt 2's).
3. Guitar Hero is on 360 and PS3 as well.

Oh, and who was rioting? Lol.
well **** manhunt 2, actually **** the wii, im not gonna sell it just incase good games come, but im deff gna get a 360!!!

Wiil said:
well **** manhunt 2, actually **** the wii, im not gonna sell it just incase good games come, but im deff gna get a 360!!!

Nothing says hardcore like a kid who plays fake guitar and fake crimes.

Frogger said:
Nothing says hardcore like a kid who plays fake guitar and fake crimes.
fake guitar..... i play real guitar..... and fake crimes, dude, my town is full of druggies and murderers lol

Wiil said:
fake guitar..... i play real guitar..... and fake crimes, dude, my town is full of druggies and murderers lol
Lol.

Bragging about the crime rate in your town? All new low.

Back