Wii Bowling Glitch?

denefblah

WiiChat Member
Jul 10, 2007
Does anyone else get a glitch in Wii Sports Bowling when there is a split? When I
try to put a spin on the ball, it always spins the ball the opposite way of the pins so it is impossible to hit any pins on a split :cryin:

I don't think its impossible, its simply just hard to do sometimes.
Keep cracking at it :thumbsup:

7-10 split is extremely difficult in real life, and Wii Sports bowling is actually fairly realistic so I would expect it to be difficult as well. Can't say I've ever picked up the spare with that situation.

ive never had that glitch but i do know that u can throw ur ball in another persons lane by going all the way to the side then throw it high up

it spins the ball to the other side of the lane opposite of the pins... Its not the fact that it is hard to get a spare... its the fact that the ball is forced the opposite direction of the pins

Argh...people trying to help...not...working.

It is not a glitch, but a game mechanic. The ball automatically spins TOWARD the pins... How exactly are you setting it up?

Also, is it a 7/10?

Brawny said:
Argh...people trying to help...not...working.

It is not a glitch, but a game mechanic. The ball automatically spins TOWARD the pins... How exactly are you setting it up?

Also, is it a 7/10?

Yes, but it is also all the other kind of splits...

Explain OVERLY SPECIFIC how the pins are set up (numbers helpful), where you stand on the lane, where you aim, and how you twist your wrist.

Well, for example (this one happens most often).... When um... when pins 4,7 and 10 are set up, I usually either try to spin the ball to the left hoping to hit pins 4 and 7 and having them fly over and knock over pin 10 but instead they spin and roll directly down the center of the alley, knocking down no pins. Or I just try to keep my arm straight and hit pins 4 and 7 head on but instead they do the same thing and spin over to the center of the lane, knocking down no pins... it gets frustrating when I am about to beat my record and then I get that split and cant get a spare...

I'm with Brawny, it isn't a glitch, it is just a part of the way the game is played. You have to make sure to twist your wrist in the correct direction and not get so frustrated, pay attention to exactly what you do when it happens and then change it for the next one to make sure it isn't just user error. I know I've done the same thing you're talking about on accident, but splits aren't exactly easy to get anyway.

I would suggest you try some of the bowling training exercises, the one where you throw a ball around barriers in the lane will teach how to control the spin. And you can easily turn your wrist the opposite direction in the same case and the ball will move towards the gutter.

I don't think your describing a glitch either.

Yer certainly not a glitch. EVERYtime I throw the ball it spins to the right...so I just turn my dude to the left to counter it. I get splits occasionally which can happen in real life, rather annoying too...

Back