Wii Bowling question

Pros

WiiChat Member
May 25, 2007
Hey guys,

when throwing the ball at Wii bowling there seems to be an odd deviation, in a way that the ball always has a spin making it go left. I've only been able to stabilize the course of the ball by spinning my hand right (I am normally holding my hand and arm straight without rotating). And it's not just me, but anyone I've seen playing Wii bowling over here.

So I was wondering if you guys had the same experience, and whether there's anything I'm possibly doing wrong or there's something to do about it.

Cheers!

I also had this similar problem. After playing for a while, the curve has gotten a lot less severe, and I can compensate by simply angling my shot a little to the right.

Pros said:
Hey guys,

when throwing the ball at Wii bowling there seems to be an odd deviation, in a way that the ball always has a spin making it go left. I've only been able to stabilize the course of the ball by spinning my hand right (I am normally holding my hand and arm straight without rotating). And it's not just me, but anyone I've seen playing Wii bowling over here.

So I was wondering if you guys had the same experience, and whether there's anything I'm possibly doing wrong or there's something to do about it.

Cheers!

Any tilt on the remote will affect the curve, even if it's very slight.

Brennan77 said:
Any tilt on the remote will affect the curve, even if it's very slight.

Wouldn't a not so modest spin to the right make the ball go to the right explicitly, instead of a straight course? Obviously the way it seems is the default course isn't a straight line but leftward effect, which is an annoying flaw.

Bowling is pretty cool but this thing just kind of ruins it for me :(

Brawny is right--I think it is best to figure out what your ball does NATURALLY and compensate for that---don't try to force the ball to do anything. To get any kind of high scores, you need to do everything the same way every time and trying to twist it for different shots will only resutl in frustration. Good luck

Take it from the old guy (forget what you said how old you are bob)

What makes people think that straight is better? Does bowling not exist where you guys are from?

I've played bowling particularly in the first few weeks Wii came out, my highest strike streak is 7. It's not that I can't throw one, it's that I have to move my Mii to the right of the center to hit the middle cone. And I've never seen anyone throw a straight ball without tilting the mote. This include lefties, which would naturally tilt the mote to the opposite way of righties, which is my reasoning why we're holding it really straight.

It doesn't help like you said, why would it? It's annoying, why couldn't I do a curve when I want to and do a straight ball when I want to.

I was just wondering if there was some way you wouldn't have to compensate, or whether I was the only one having the problem. But thanks.

Brawny said:
Take it from the old guy (forget what you said how old you are bob)

What makes people think that straight is better? Does bowling not exist where you guys are from?

I've had pretty much enough of your smart ass comments. It's ordinary to throw a straight ball when throwing it straight, which isn't happening. Instead of providing feedback what you do is say 'stfu its fine'. Thanks alot, jackass.

meh, I hate to tell you this........ Let go later. So the ball will go higher. It will minimize spin.

I'm telling you to make it NATURAL. Just find your normal curve, and find the place to stand because of that. There is only one oil pattern in this game, you should use the same motion EVERY time, even for spares. Just move where you throw from.

Edit: whoa, use the edit button. And I'm probably not the person you want to be going off on like that....

what looks straight to you is not straight to the accelerometers. Your waist is round, not square. There is curve, deal with it, Use it.

Brawny said:
There is curve, Use it.

Essentially that is an answer to the questions I asked. I just wanted to know if I was doing something wrong, which turns out not to be the case. Thanks.

Also, quit trying to intimidate me. I could care less how many hours you have spent on this forum when you throw subtle insults at me instead of helping.

They were too subtle? I should start making them more obvious then....

And I did help you....WHILE i was insulting you.

Back