wii bright blue

lloyd_yayo

Nintendo 4life
Oct 16, 2006
ohio
Wii Online Code
7527 1826 6337 6464
does anyone else have there wii light up the disc feeder part (you know, where the disc goes in) bright blow and stay blue when its powered down?

i woke up one morning, saw the wii powered down, lite up bright blue.
then when i came home from work, there it was again.
and again, 2 days ago
and again today.

i mean, its a pretty blue to have light up the room, but is it good for the system, for electricity bill?

lloyd_yayo said:
does anyone else have there wii light up the disc feeder part (you know, where the disc goes in) bright blow and stay blue when its powered down?

i woke up one morning, saw the wii powered down, lite up bright blue.
then when i came home from work, there it was again.
and again, 2 days ago
and again today.

i mean, its a pretty blue to have light up the room, but is it good for the system, for electricity bill?

It's just LED, your electricity bill will be fine. And yes it pulses, and it does this when you get a new message.

You just have a message, turn on your Wii and click the envelope in the lower right hand corner. As for the power bill, both the LED bulbs put together use about 1W per hour. That's about the same ammount of energy it takes to lift a glass of water to your mouth, if that gives you any idea.

Yeah, I was wondering if I left the blue light on, would my Wii be okay? Would it burn out? Get hot? Mess up? I know the Wii's very efficient with electricity, so I'm not worrying about that...basically I'm wondering if there would be any negative effects to leaving my Wii Blue LED turned on all the time...(or how long can I leave it on a day...?)...

that blue light on looks nice hehe .... i dont even want to check my msg's hahaha :ihih:

are your systems on standby for the light to come on and stay blue?

oh okay, thanks, haha simpl enough

Waylander said:
The blue light on my Wii only flickers when I turn the machine on. Is there any way to make it stay on?

If you read, you would see no. As it says in the wii manual also.

ilovekakairu said:
Yeah, I was wondering if I left the blue light on, would my Wii be okay? Would it burn out? Get hot? Mess up? I know the Wii's very efficient with electricity, so I'm not worrying about that...basically I'm wondering if there would be any negative effects to leaving my Wii Blue LED turned on all the time...(or how long can I leave it on a day...?)...

Led's are supposed to last over 100,000 hours (source)

So if the led's were on 24/7 all year long they'd last over 11 years.

csiguy4u said:
Led's are supposed to last over 100,000 hours (source)

So if the led's were on 24/7 all year long they'd last over 11 years.
Yes, you're LEDs aren'g going out anytime soon.
Which makes me wonder why Nintendo just didn't keep the light on with the option of turning it off...

Back