Wii bring Cockroachs?!?!

Bliss

WiiChat Member
Aug 28, 2007
Wii Online Code
0000-0000-0000-0000
:lol: was lookin at some stuff came across this..find it to be very funny...personally i havent seen or noticed any in my house....but seems the Wii atracts roachs :lol:....might not be true as the atricle says but hey, u never know.

There’s a rumour circulating that the Wii console is irresistible to cockroaches. It all stems from a Japanese-language gaming site called Barks (hereafter known as BARKING MAD), which claims the Wii emits a strange frequency that attracts the creepy crawlies in their droves.

The attraction isn’t because they can hear anything in particular: cockroaches don’t have any eardrums. However, according to one online report, the tiny little hairs on their bodies mean they can acutely sense and respond to air movements and ground vibrations. The kind of movements, for example, you make when playing Wii Sports. Ewwwwww!

Frankly, we’re calling bullcrap on this one. All electrical equipment gives off a “buzz” of one kind or another, and there’s nothing inside a Wii that you can’t find inside a TV remote, a laptop or a bluetooth-enabled phone. And it’s doubtful the cockroaches are attracted by the console’s wireless connectivity, because if that were the case, other consoles would be afflicted by the same problem.

No, we reckon it’s a nasty little rumour planted by Sony or Microsoft to drive away the punters. Especially female gamers, who are known for their propensity to squeal whenever they see something small and hairy crawling up their legs… We’re talking about cockroaches, by the way.

http://www.wiiwii.tv/2007/12/14/got-a-cockroach-infestation-blame-the-wii/

cassieboo said:
that's the most ridiculous thing i've ever heard.

not really cockroaches are very atracted to electronics doesnt mean which kind.

Bliss said:
:lol: was lookin at some stuff came across this..find it to be very funny...personally i havent seen or noticed any in my house....but seems the Wii atracts roachs :lol:....might not be true as the atricle says but hey, u never know.

http://www.wiiwii.tv/2007/12/14/got-a-cockroach-infestation-blame-the-wii/

That's whacked as hell!!! LOL!

But I find the rumer suspect, since all eletronics can attract roaches if one's home has roaches. To single out the wii like this is highly suspecious in my opinion.

I know there are people who hate the wii, but WOW!

Last edited:
crazyman2 said:
must be someone from the getto or something who stole a wii and uses it for an excuse as to why he's got roaches ahaha.

Wow, what a mean thing to say.

Yeah I was reading about that yesterday.
Had a good little chuckle, nothing to be worried about folks.

I've never seen a cockroach in England. I only ever see them abroad. :yesnod:

Back