Wii broke my TV!!! *POP*

rottenbanana

WiiChat Member
Nov 20, 2006
My friend was playing Call of Duty 3 on my TV, and after around 2 or 3 hours of play time, my TV popped and went black! It blew out the bulb!

I have a 50" panasonic rear projectioin TV... not HDTV. And yes it's a few years old now, but I have never had a problem playing the ps2/xbox on this tv. How the hell did this happen? Can I get nintendo to pay for the repairs on my TV??

He was just shooting some people in CoD3, then all of a sudden we hear a pop, and then the tv went black. The power light is still on, but there is no display anymore :mad5:

any tips or suggestions what I should do? or am i just hooped.

i wouldnt think it was the wii that did it, tvs wear out all the time after a while

i'm pretty sure it was the wii. i doubt it was a conicidence.. i rarely use this tv unless i have friends over.

I would be nearly impossible for the Wii to burn out your projection TV. The bulb is in no way connected to the Wii. I have a projector and the bulb likes to burn out (by exploding) every 8 months or so even though I don't use it often. It just happens.

i am going to college for engineering and i can assure you there is no way at all that the wii did anything at all to your tv besides send a picture to it. i'm sorry.

i didn't say that it wasn't a possibility that my tv coicidentally popped when i played the wii on it.

however i'm not ruling out the fact that it did. Now, before anyone else replies with the "Oh it can't be the wii, you're an idiot. cuz the wii is just so awesome and i love it" statement, please get out of this thread.

rottenbanana said:
My friend was playing Call of Duty 3 on my TV, and after around 2 or 3 hours of play time, my TV popped and went black! It blew out the bulb!

I have a 50" panasonic rear projectioin TV... not HDTV. And yes it's a few years old now, but I have never had a problem playing the ps2/xbox on this tv. How the hell did this happen? Can I get nintendo to pay for the repairs on my TV??

He was just shooting some people in CoD3, then all of a sudden we hear a pop, and then the tv went black. The power light is still on, but there is no display anymore :mad5:

any tips or suggestions what I should do? or am i just hooped.

It would of went out even if you were watching Opra or Dr. Phil... it was just a chance you were playing something good like CoD on it at that time.

I tend to think it's been burnt out and I call BS though, while you jump on the bandwagon of the Wii broke my T.V

Vince

Listen...all the Wii is doing is sending audio and visual signals to your TV. Its not doing anything more than your PS2 and XBOX were doing to your TV. Same old Red/Yellow/White plugs.

Its just likely that your TV died on its own. They do that, with the projection bulbs burning out.

yeah seriously... i dont even have a wii. i was just on here trying to get one for my son. you are really being unintelligent rottenbanana.

pvtjohndoe said:
I would be nearly impossible for the Wii to burn out your projection TV. The bulb is in no way connected to the Wii. I have a projector and the bulb likes to burn out (by exploding) every 8 months or so even though I don't use it often. It just happens.
He is right :):cornut:

Hahahaha. Those of you whom have the intelegence equivilent of a goat amuse me in frightening ammounts.

Back