Wii Browser MIME Types

footose

WiiChat Member
Mar 17, 2007
Hey guys,

I'm new here, and only received my Wii on the 17th (My birthday!) I've been playing around with it so far, and its pretty cool. I have a couple friends that have it as well and have been trading Mii's and such, getting the hang of it.

Anyway, I have a Diploma in Computer Programming / Analysis and am finishing another Degree in Computer Science, so naturally I'm interested in how this thing works. I haven't seen many useful websites on the software of the Wii (other than that of the Mii editors) but I'm hoping we can get some stuff done.

I started off by using the Wii browser locally on my machine, to capture what MIME Types it accepts, unfortunately it is very limited, so sending Wii's through a website using standard HTTP looks like it's going to be next to impossible.

Incase anyone is interested, the Oprea browser that Wii is running accepts the following MIME Types.

PHP:
text/html
application/xml;q=0.9
application/xhtml+xml
image/png
image/jpeg
image/gif
image/x-xbitmap
*/*;q=0.1

Very limited, and basically not helpful at the moment.

I'm working to capture the network packets from the Wii next, to see what is happening when we send Mii's to each other. Maybe there will be a way to copy this and send them to our Wii's without actually having "Friends" added to our console. This would allow you to send Mii's say from, a website. This is all theroetical, but I haven't seen anyone try it yet...

Anyway..if anyone is interested in this research, feel free to join in. I'm not even sure if this is the right place to post this... but it's a start.

thx guys :D

I'm just fixing to capture WiFi packets now..we'll see whats going on ...

You may be able to pull the Mii's out through the Bluetooth connection. Miis can be transfered to the Wii remotes via bluetooth and the bluetooth should be the standard stuff since people have gotten the Wii-remotes to work with the computers. Maybe you could get them through there?

You may be able to pull the Mii's out through the Bluetooth connection. Miis can be transfered to the Wii remotes via bluetooth and the bluetooth should be the standard stuff since people have gotten the Wii-remotes to work with the computers. Maybe you could get them through there?

Yah you can definately get them through there! But wouldn't it be way more conveinent if you could just email them to your Wii unit? Or just send them right to your plaza from the web?

This research is very cool, I wish I could help, if there is anything I can test or something let me know. I don't have the background to do anything like this myself.

first off, happy B-day and welcome to the forums. :D

Second of all notice it says trial virsion, this trial is only going to last a month more then the full one comes out loaded with all types of goodies, now im no techie but I think it will support every type of video processin there is.

Back