Wii browser (Opera) Free in Japan until Summer 2007

i0n

:eek:
Apr 30, 2006
UK
Some people were a bit upset when Nintendo announced recently that the Wii browser Opera, would need to be downloaded using Wii Points (not free).

Well according to the Official website of Nintendo Japan, the browser will be available free in Japan until Summer 2007.

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/wii/features/wii_channel.html#internet

Lets hope other regions follow suit, but as of yet no confirmation from Nintendo.

Source: http://www.nintendowiifanboy.com/2006/09/15/rumor-opera-browser-free-until-june-2007

why wouldnt we get it free? we can get free browsers on the computer, why would we pay for one just to have it on a console?

iw would be cool if you could play internet games with the wii-mote (although why would you if you have rad steel?)

p.s. btw, thanks a lot altf4 i just tried that combination :wtf:

yah didnt they say it would have like java or something included in it along time ago? i would imagine flash games and what not would run slowly and be hard to play unless it can detect a USB keyboard

People are complaining that we have to pay for it, but we don't know how much it is yet... it may only be £5-10. Besides i dont think i will use it much anyway. Also, how much space do you think it would take up? How big a memory card am i going to need to use it?

What so is it just used for internets
waste of time (for me) if thats all (pc on tv)

Well, it may be only 5$ or so.. but nintendo still promised that it would be free.. If they don't then im afraid i might lose trust.. Mind you.. It really speaks to the whole nintedo character if it isn't released free

yah, i completely understand that you can only download it until june, becuase why would they want to keep the download server up and taking up money for people who wait so long to get their wii? it should be a little bonus for the firstcomers

Wishale said:
Well, it may be only 5$ or so.. but nintendo still promised that it would be free.. If they don't then im afraid i might lose trust.. Mind you.. It really speaks to the whole nintedo character if it isn't released free

So for the sake of $5 you will lose fath in nintendo

If it was £50 id under stand but $5

To me "Free until Summer 2007" means that you have up until that point to download it for free, after that you're going to have to pay to get it. As has been said, why keep up a d/l server for ever o_O? Get you're Wii before then and get it, voila.

That's assuming it works ofc and isn't free ONLY until summer '07 which is completely difference and incidetally sucks ass, I didn't pay for this opera browser I'm using right now so why should I pay for a port with lesser functions?

Back