Wii "Bubble" about to burst?

It's my pot.. and I'm hooked. :smilewinkgrin:

I've played the Playstation and Xbox consoles before, and I'm not impressed. I'm not into those type of games. I actually had the Wii a month before I opened it, trying to decide if I would like it, or end up putting it back on Ebay after a week, like with my Playstation 2.

I had owned an Atari and NES console, back in the day. I had played around with the SNES, and enjoyed it too. Then I lost interest in video games for many years.

Why I was drawn to the Wii was the WAY it's played, with the motion sensing controls. I quickly lost interest in the Playstation racing games, but continue to love the same games, with less fancier graphics on the Wii.

I've had mine nearly a year now, and games keep coming to keep me interested, and I've not grown tired of a single game yet.

Yes, there will be people move on, but there will always be a demand for the Wii, and a large fan base because it's the only one of it's kind.

[DT] said:
Well in college I was surfing, training and a few other non-video game related things (I think I fit girls in there somewhere too :D ), but joking aside, this is a terrific assessment of the "life cycle" of a typical gamer :thumbsup:

Just glancing at that I saw a flaw in what was said.

A casual gamer does not look for graphics therefore the average casual wouldn't just up and sell his Wii for a 360.

Casual gamers just want a nice easy game to play with family or friends etc.

Youtube vid that will define the winner IMHO

If you haven seen this, It a must see

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jd3-eiid-Uw

Wii bubble burst... yeah baby... right into VR...

Thats the future, and its already in the Wii

To qoute Johnny Lee in the Vid " I want to see some games"

and who has the patent on the tech to do this = Nintendo

Game on

Skorp said:
That is some damn good writing. I feel there is definitely that potential, but he's taking it too far to declare that their strategy is waiting for gamers to be enlightened.

I agree! Their arrogance is assounding!

And I feel when a company has to resort to this kinda crap, they have already lost.

WiitnessID said:
They are every where just go to NG4...LOL those guys are silly. Kotaku has a lot also and every one they are coll with. It's simple find the Ps3 owners and things will get pissy then find the live addicts and you will find all of these articles.

I think I may learn how to read Japanese as thats the only place to get good news about the Wii. Do you also notice how these guys still ignore most games coming out on the DS?

Yes, I have noted this fact as well, and you and I know very well its only gonna get worse. Wii only owners, prepare yourselves....

Microsoft is saying Nintendo will flop because they're trying to make people believe its the truth.

I'd say whats more likely to happen is that Microsoft will buy Nintendo, thereby ruining all gaming experience known to man.

MirakTheLa said:
I'd say whats more likely to happen is that Microsoft will buy Nintendo, thereby ruining all gaming experience known to man.

Now thats a possibility....a scary one. Thankfully it wouldn't happen anytime soon, as Microsoft has already made another bid to purchase Yahoo. But maybe in another 5 years or so....

I just can't see Nintendo giving into Microsoft like that.....would seriously suck if they did. Mario would be transformed into some pathetic Halo clone.

MirakTheLa said:
Microsoft is saying Nintendo will flop because they're trying to make people believe its the truth.

It's possible, but I doubt it will happen. I don't think Nintendo would ever give in to Microsoft.

I agree that would have to be a big check to buy the soul of Nintendo for anyone else.

And with the dedication you see at Nintendo I doubt it would ever happen, it would have to take some crazy situation to get over 50% of share holders to ever give up the company. Dreams of them even merging with anyone seems slim. They always seem to pull out and do well, why mess with long dated sucess?

MirakTheLa said:

No way in hell this will happen. MS will continue to buy nintendo's 2nd parties or 1st parties if they can. Then they will just kill them off one by one like they did with square. LOL

Seriously the Wii is about fun as the main addiction. I'm not sure how much fun people are having on live if all they do is curse and talk smack. I don't remember people fighting each other at a celebration or cursing people out when some great game just ended.

If MS understood the game industry more they could easily take over yet they don't. Gaming grew unchecked in it's popularity by way of countless words from the mouths of fans the same way that the grown ups feel in love with the Wii. This is the same way old schooler feeling in love with sega and nintendo. The mags only gave us our screen shots and even if said games was suppose to suck we played it maybe because we liked it?

What is funny is the xbox has the tools to win but it does not have the creativity to build upon the legacy of console games. Things are looking a lot like PC gaming to me which is a turn off as I already have a PC and even wing commander was great back in the day I still wanted to play super contra more.

masterjedi said:
The thing that everyone seems to be forgetting is that all gamers start out as young children. Your average 5 year old is not playing Halo 3. Your average 5 year old is playing pong.

Then you get to your young adult years and you get the super complicated games that are easy for them to pick up because the only things they have to concern themselves with are school and video games. Think about it; from middle school through maybe junior year, a child goes to school, and eats at home. They have no other responsibilities and their parents are working a lot so they have nothing else to do but play video games.

Then these young adults graduate and move on to college or the working world and they still have no responsibilities except school/work and eating/sleeping. So what do they do? Play video games. It doesn't matter that the game is super complicated because they have plenty of time to learn all the ins and outs of the game.

It's when you have a family that your video game time really gets cut down. You have to give your spouse time, and your children take up a LOT of your time. Now all of a sudden, Halo 3 with it's 13 button combination is waaay too much for you to invest time in. You're not a casual gamer, you're now a gamer with less time to game. Zelda is no less hardcore than Halo, but Zelda is much easier to pick up and play than Halo is.

Nintendo didn't find a new breed of gamer, they've just continued to cater to ALL gamers as opposed to gamers in the 12-25 year old range.

Reading your post made me realize something. The people being called "casual" gamers, (with all the negative connotations attached to it) are merely, gamers who have grown up, moved on and now have LIVES! Lives and responsibilities that teenagers and young people don't have as of yet. These ones don't have the TIME needed to play a complicated video game like they used to. They realize there are things more important than gaming when they now have financail responsibilties to their families and work. Now if these ones still play, they are gonna look for something that's fun and easy-pick-up-and-play, than leave it to take care of the more important things, like caring for their children, ext.

What Nintendo did was brillaint. They realized this fact about gamers, looking at the normal life cycle of gamers, and made something to draw these ones back to gaming, where as, there was nothing in gaming that could fit into thier buisy lives, Nintendo sought to make something that could fill this need, when no one else even though of it. And THAT is why the wii is selling like candy.

The irony of this is that the word "casual" has been connected to new and inexperienced players, but a LOT of them are old school gamers that grew up, moved on or those that lost interest in gaming. (virtule console anyone?) Nintendo sought to market the wii to a larger audance than just to the narrow band of males 12 to 25. That is to ALL potential players and I think it is paying off.

The people who express contempt for the "casual" gamer as ignorent and stupid are ignorent thenselves for not realizing this fact.

Let the naysayers talk their crap; the proof will be in the pudding.

WiitnessID said:
No way in hell this will happen. MS will continue to buy nintendo's 2nd parties or 1st parties if they can. Then they will just kill them off one by one like they did with square. LOL

Seriously the Wii is about fun as the main addiction. I'm not sure how much fun people are having on live if all they do is curse and talk smack. I don't remember people fighting each other at a celebration or cursing people out when some great game just ended.

If MS understood the game industry more they could easily take over yet they don't. Gaming grew unchecked in it's popularity by way of countless words from the mouths of fans the same way that the grown ups feel in love with the Wii. This is the same way old schooler feeling in love with sega and nintendo. The mags only gave us our screen shots and even if said games was suppose to suck we played it maybe because we liked it?

What is funny is the xbox has the tools to win but it does not have the creativity to build upon the legacy of console games. Things are looking a lot like PC gaming to me which is a turn off as I already have a PC and even wing commander was great back in the day I still wanted to play super contra more.

I noticed this pattern too with the others, they are becoming more and more pc like, even with games being made for all three machines. I don't know if this is good or bad at the moment, I just wanted to note that I see this trend also.

Last edited:
Just to put it out there for those that responded to what I said: Don't every be surprised with mega-corporations buy out major corporations. C.E.O.s have no soul to sell.

Back