Wii Bundles and Consumer Rights

Wal-mart does not require receipt's, they only require receipts if you want your money back, if your just want to exchange it for another item they won't ask for a receipt.

chronoswing said:
Wal-mart does not require receipt's, they only require receipts if you want your money back, if your just want to exchange it for another item they won't ask for a receipt.

I exchanged LOZ:TP for Need for Speed Carbon and they required me to show a receipt.

savoirvivre said:
did you like need for speed carbon? you don't like zelda?

That's a bit off topic. And I like zelda, I had two copies, one that I ordered online that was backordered, and the one I bought when I got my wii.

Well I don't know then, all wal-mart's must be different, the one I worked at for awhile didn't care about receipt's they pretty much took anything back no matter what condition it was in and no matter if you had proof of purchase or not.

chronoswing said:
Well I don't know then, all wal-mart's must be different, the one I worked at for awhile didn't care about receipt's they pretty much took anything back no matter what condition it was in and no matter if you had proof of purchase or not.

Did they have anyone go "Goldenstate" on them and just take items from in store then take them to customer service to return?

Yep. Got busted though by the 100's and I mean 100's of camera's in the store. Loss prevention has got to be the coolest job ever. Sit in an room watching camera's then you get to chase people down and tackle them when they steal stuff.

casualgamer said:
I received my Wii from Wal-Mart Com and was ecstatic as I began to play.
However, there were several games in the bundle I never really wanted.
Wal-Mart has the same policy as Best Buy, Toys-R-US, Gamestop, EB GAMES,
Target, Amazon.com and every large retailer. The bundle can only be refunded as a bundle. No exchanges or refunds of individual items. This clearly violates
every one of these retailers store policy.

I filed an online complaint with the California Attorney Generals office. There is precedent for this. In November 2005, Best Buy was forced to offer refunds and exchanges for their $1000 XBox 360 Bundle. These stores can't afford bad publicity during their peak season. Since almost every WII owner had to buy a bundle, I suggest do a Google search and file an online complaint with your State Attorney General. If anyone has the time or initiative to go on G4 or CNET to talk about this issue, we should encourage them to do so. The Big Retailers can only push us around if let them.

Reggie said he's about kicking butt. I say Wii owners need to kick some retail butt!! Let's move from the complaining stage to the action stage. These people made a ton of money off of us, then treat us as if we have no rights.
FIGHT BACK!! If we can the attorney Generals of several states to file lawsuits and call press conferences we can succeed.

All of us are busy enjoying our new consoles and don't want to be bothered with this. Reply to this title and let everybody know what you're doing
doing. The Wii was supposed to be affordable, remember?

Damn, dude, are you serious?

It's really simple - you don't want something - don't buy it!

It would be like complaining that all the cars a dealer had on the lot had leather interiors, but you wanted one with cloth. If you don't want the leather, you either don't buy it, or accept the fact that that's all they've got, suck it up, and buy it anyway. You don't go complaining to the AG about it!:tard: :tard: :tard: :tard: :tard: :tard: :tard: :tard: :tard:

Dee dee dee! AND you filed a complaint with the AG's office? Man, you people in CA just keep outdoing yourselves trying to turn your state into a turdhole.

:tard: :tard: :tard: :tard: :tard: :tard: :tard: :tard:

I don't see how you can't return them. I mean, if they're sealed games, all you need to do is go to customer service and say "hey, I wanna return these, my significant other bought them for my birthday and they aren't the games I wanted". Most stores do not require a receipt for a refund on sealed merchandise, as I've returned games and CD's I got as gifts and didn't want without a receipt.

mothershipconnection said:
I don't see how you can't return them. I mean, if they're sealed games, all you need to do is go to customer service and say "hey, I wanna return these, my significant other bought them for my birthday and they aren't the games I wanted". Most stores do not require a receipt for a refund on sealed merchandise, as I've returned games and CD's I got as gifts and didn't want without a receipt.

They've probebly got some special "Walmart bundle" packaging.

Dude, I won. I absolutely have a right to file a complaint with the State Attorney General and the Better Business Bureau. BTW, I WON. Walmart
will make an equal exchange for games I want. Blender Wizard, your fascist mentality is personified by your gun toting MII. As corrupt as the government is in this country, consumers do have rights. Besides, this is between MII and Walmart, not MII and Blender Wizard.

There is no need to listen to these neo-fascist defenders of free enterprise.
As to California, our Latte Liberal in the House is about to kick some gluteous maximus of these crooks. Walmart hates California because we have laws. We decide how big a store Walmart can have, or if they can have one
at all. Texas is so over. California is back. You can be a loser if you want.
I prefer to kick legal gluteous maximus. I do think some lawsuits like the WII strap lawsuit are frivolous. The moron threw the control thru the set. Still,
consumers do have rights. Neo-fascism is out. Democracy is back.

I really dont think theres and legit to the claim. You were able to look over the bundle before buying. So you bought what was stated as the bundle.

A bundle isn´t legal unless it´s oficial and made by the manufacter.If they have bundles in store you can just go and by the part of the bundle you want for its retail price. if you buy the wolle bundle you can give return the items you don´t want with one condition: the money they give you back isn´t the money from the item you returned but the diference from the price of the bundle to the price of all items sold in seperate.

If you buy a bundle with 30dollars off and you return one item you can´t expect them to give you the money of the item retail price, they´ll just give you the diference from the price of the bundle to the price of all items you keep if they were sold in seperate.

That´s all the legal action. If they´re not doing it.. it´s not legal.

Back