Wii bundles vs PS3 bundles (lol)

this probably belongs in a different thread but...
Kotaku said:
wiiconsole.jpg

This gen's console king PlayStation 2 is going to be dethroned. And it's going to be the Wii that does it. At least, according to the president of Enterbrain and Editor-in-Chief of Famitsu, Hirokazu Hamamura. In a Bloomberg business piece, Hamamura states:

"Wii definitely could become the most popular console of all time. Non-gamers can see how fun it is just by looking at people playing it, and that's very different from the PS3 or Xbox 360."

Different and fun. If the DS is any indication of what gamers want, Nintendo looks like it has a hit on its hands with the Wii. But, most popular console of all time? Brian Ashcraft

More Here [Bloomberg] Thanks, Rob!

paintba||er said:
Hey don't be talkin **** on PS3. It will probably be the best system this generation although I can't say for sure since its not out yet. I think the Wii will probably be the worst system this generation it will be very good but I don't know if it can compare to PS3 and Xbox 360. Even though I probably won't get a PS3 since I already have a 360 and it and the PS3 will probably be very similar. And don't think I'm bashing the Wii because I think it will be awsome but I just don't think it can compare to the PS3 and 360.

Then what are you doing here?

You are just a blind person that thinks that if the PS2 was better than the GC the PS3 will be better than the Wii...

Remember what happened with the N64, it was betetr than the PS1...

Paintballer, parents arent gonna buy their kids $600 machines compared to $250 machines, and Zelda is NOT kiddy. No kid could beat Zelda unless your already playing other more mature games. Mario i would say is the only "kiddy" but that is more for Everyone. Kids cant always be the best in soccer or basketball, Mario is just a universal character nintendo uses. And ect. metriod maybe? def. not..just cuase theyve been around cause they are successful dosent mean their kiddy, and i dont think kids are the ones who made them successful

Many kids are spoiled and their parents will buy them whatever they want. Mario and Zelda are games that I classified as fun so I'm not saying anything against them. I'm sorry if I offended you guys but I'm just saying my opinion. And I'm sure many other people agree with me its just that this is a Nintendo forum and most of the people here are Nintendo fanboy's. And I would buy a Wii over a PS3 anyday but only because of the price of the PS3. But I would rather pay a little bit more for a 360 over a Wii.

lol does anyone else think that is a just a thread to abg on the ps3 guys cjeck out the announcement

hey

I think if you want the same old gameplay, with better/great graphics... go for the PS3/X360. If you want a completly new gameplay experience... go for Wii.

I personally grew tired of the same old gameplay some time ago, during the GC days. I think the Wii is like going from SNES to N64, rather than N64 to GC. So yea, I prefer the Wii ^_^.

BTW, I think the graphical standard of Nintendo Wii games will be (hopefully quite noticeably) greater than that of current/previous (PS2/GC/XBox) systems. But seriously, look what they have managed in Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, and that's just using GC hardware ^_^. So yea, I think I will be more than happy with the graphical power of the Wii.

cyas

Last edited:
I will buy the PS3 and maybe later the Wii =P
I think I will buy the Wii when I am desgusted at how much money I spent on the PS3.

I will not buy a bundle though. If places made it like custom computer shopping, where you could select what you wanted, instead of jacking up the price and using bundles to get all the people who have to have it first, then I might. I think buying a PS3 bundle would require me to use home equity. Only thing versus PS3 price (a gripe to some) is the blueray, but at its size, which they will probably take advantage of, could offer a huge ammount game content, if not at launch then down the road. A 50 gig game would be awesome, my everquest game takes up 3 gigs. What would be sweet is if they made a Mario game like the SNES one and gave it ten thousand levels, I don't think I would get board.

Back