Wii buying advice - first time user

shegeek72

WiiChat Member
Sep 25, 2011
Oregon
I'd imagine this question could be answered if I kept digging in this forum and other areas, but after some research I'm still not confident. I want to buy my first console and decided on a Wii because of the interactiveness. I've tentatively decided on a Wii with the sports package (I mainly want to play tennis, but like other sports as well). My questions are should I spend the extra to get a new system or save money buying used or refurbished? What's the difference between a controller and nunchuk? I've read I should get an extra controller (or nunchuk?) so my partner and I can play together. Thanks! :yesnod:

It's best to buy new and the Wii usually comes with the console, a wii remote and nunchuk, and a free game.
The Remote is the pointer and used for most games while the nunchuk may be needed for certain games.

Well some people sell used wiis, other wii what i bought was broken but it had simple way to fix it i just ordered spare part which costed like 15$ and it worked again, so it was alot cheaper than my other wii which was new when i bought it so i saved money that way. I dont suggest to just go buy broken wii cos u cant know whats wrong with it if you wont ask seller what is broken at it or if you havent fixed electronic stuff like dvd players etc. but yea buying broken wii what has simple problem to fix it like buying spare part as i did, saves alot of money. If you dont want to start fixing wiis then just find someone who sells wii with all stuff needed at it cheap.

Last edited:
Back