wii causes death !!

con77

Joined the dark side
Mar 8, 2007
Manchester
A us radio station held a competition for a brand new nintendo wii. To win you had to drink as much water as you could and not go to the toilet. A 28 year old woman entered the competition and ended up dieing of water intoxication. The Dj's who ran the competition an taunted the woman about her water bloated belly were sacked. Homicide detectives began an investigation and a lawsuit was filed by the dead lady's family

Human stupidity never ceases to amaze me. Thats worse than those shows like fear factor where they have you eat buffalo testicles for money.

Not trying to be a dick but that is quite the old news there..it is very sad, but im just saying its old news. No disrespect!

Guess what. HOW stupid can you be? - No one cares and she's an idiot for not knowing her limits!

Very old. The Radio DJs used peer pressure to kill the woman, and ignored a nurse who called in with warnings. The DJs have been fired and legal action is being persued. The DJs even mocked the woman for complaining about not feeling good. My favorite was how they didn't really have legal coverage for death by water, but they claimed they did.

yeah, its old news, she died from "water intoxication"... basicly where your brian cells absorb too much water and the chemicals get too diluted in your brain, sad stuff.

But Opie and Anthony (State side DJs) want re-do the stunt to prove that it can be done without anyone dying...

Ya this is pretty old news. Theres a 20 page thread around here if you do a search. But while the topic is sort of revived, yes that woman isn't the brightest person around :/

Heard it before but yea, it's sad. I had heard of alchohol intoxication but not water. The worst I thought could happen is that you'd take a continuous 10 minute leak!

con77, not to be a dick, but stop with all these dumb threads. i could probably find 30 stupid threads that you've made in the past week.

Back