Wii Chinese market to Australia?

aetherunkn

WiiChat Member
Dec 15, 2007
I am in China and my kids in Australia want a Wii. They sell them here for around AU$300, but I dont know if they will work in Australia, I have asked at the markets here if they will, some guys say they will, some guys say they are flushed and others say they are chipped, I dont want to buy anything for the kids that will rob them or take away from the Nintendo expierence I so happly had as a kid, any input into the topic would be appreciated.

Language settings

I have read a bit around this site and am under the impression if chipped properly it will work, so therefor can I change the language sttings from Chinese to english?

Is there any reason you can't organise for someone to buy a Wii in Australia for you? If you can find one you'll only have to pay about $350 AU usually and you don't have to worry about the problems of modded consoles.

Well my ex partner says the kids really want a wii and that they have jacked the price up for x-mas to $500. X-mas really is a time for giving isn't it.

Wow, I think you can get a little better then $500, but I guess there is also a large demand for them. As for your question about changing the language from Chinese to English I'm not sure.

500bucks!? Thats lies I tell ya. She just wants YOU to pay. You can safely buy a Wii in Oz for 350bucks and itll come with an extra game, thats your best option right there, and you will know it will work. As for Wii being able to display Chinese? I doubt it, and the games CERTAINLY wont be in Chinese...

Yeah, if you're standing at the check-out with a Wii and handing over more than $AU350, your didn't try hard enough. K-Mart, Big W and Target all sell them for $350 and EB Games sells them for $386.

Monsteroids said:
... Wait, they DO have Wiis in China... I didn't know that.

um buddy... they probably have wiis in Africa. LAWL
perhaps even india? haha
no offence lol.
btw im chinese too.

Back