Wii chips..

Narrowx7

WiiChat Member
Aug 7, 2007
is it illegal by forum rules to discuss chips here?
if it doesn't - whats the best chip out there?

ok than. so it's alright to ask what's the best chip out there right?

Err, considering Nintendo are starting to bring out updates which makes you Wii kinda useless if you've tampered with your machine, I would suggest forgoing the whole chip thing altogether.

Soz, but it seems like Nintendo are taking a hard line on this one. Either mod chip and never get any updates or don't mod chip and get who knows what in the future...

Squall7 said:
Err, considering Nintendo are starting to bring out updates which makes you Wii kinda useless if you've tampered with your machine, I would suggest forgoing the whole chip thing altogether.

Soz, but it seems like Nintendo are taking a hard line on this one. Either mod chip and never get any updates or don't mod chip and get who knows what in the future...

I'm sorry buddy but seems like youre a heavy fanboy
without chip no console is worth the money lol 50$ on a game while i can get a chip in 100$ and get all the games i want.

and btw WiiKey chip enables updates..

Narrowx7 said:
I'm sorry buddy but seems like youre a heavy fanboy
without chip no console is worth the money lol 50$ on a game while i can get a chip in 100$ and get all the games i want.

and btw WiiKey chip enables updates..
So I'm a "heavy fanboy" for saying that perhaps it wouldn't be the best idea, considering Nintendo are constantly updating firmware to make chipped Wii's unusable?

Sure, Wiikey may enable updates, but is it guaranteed to get to your machine before the next official update from Nintendo?

Fact of the matter is that with this kind of thing, sooner or later, Nintendo will catch up, and you will be the one left with a brick. No skin off their nose, nor off mine.

http://gonintendo.com/?p=22261 - Nintendo supports U.S. raids on copyright circumvention devices
http://kotaku.com/gaming/mod-chips/ - Numerous articles about mod chipping.

Last edited:
Squall7 said:
So I'm a "heavy fanboy" for saying that perhaps it wouldn't be the best idea, considering Nintendo are constantly updating firmware to make chipped Wii's unusable?

Sure, Wiikey may enable updates, but is it guaranteed to get to your machine before the next official update from Nintendo?

Fact of the matter is that with this kind of thing, sooner or later, Nintendo will catch up, and you will be the one left with a brick. No skin off their nose, nor off mine.

http://gonintendo.com/?p=22261 - Nintendo supports U.S. raids on copyright circumvention devices
http://kotaku.com/gaming/mod-chips/ - Numerous articles about mod chipping.

haha you made me laugh again :lol:
1st of all, using chip will never make me lose updates or nothing, nintendo may say they will make chipped consoles not to work but the only thing they did in the end was blocking the program Freeloader, lol. and btw, many fans complained about this and maybe nintendo even make freeloader work again.

so with chip nothing is gonna happen to me besides saving LOADS of money on games.

Narrowx7 said:
haha you made me laugh again :lol:
1st of all, using chip will never make me lose updates or nothing, nintendo may say they will make chipped consoles not to work but the only thing they did in the end was blocking the program Freeloader, lol. and btw, many fans complained about this and maybe nintendo even make freeloader work again.

so with chip nothing is gonna happen to me besides saving LOADS of money on games.
Ye, keep laughing. If Nintendo doesn't shut you down, you'll be fine. If Nintendo does shut you down, you'll either have to buy a new Wii, or go without...

even buying a new wii will cost less than all the money i saved on games.

Narrowx7 said:
even buying a new wii will cost less than all the money i saved on games.
That really doesn't make sense, considering you wouldn't be able to play those pirated games on your new unchiped Wii.

but i will be able to play them on my chipped one, cuz IF they block chips its gonna be a longgggg time until its done.

mushroomedmario said:
no it isn't, people who modded their wii's had stuff go wrong last update, and with every update that pasts by, it's another chance on you getting a ****ed up wii

i have a friend with a chipped wii and nothing happened.

define chiped?

One used to be able to use an Action Replay/Freeloder GC sized Disk (from Datle) with a Gamecube memmory card, modified by dismantleing the GC product and, in some instances, remove components and a little knowlage of using a soldering iron to instal a SD reader and male a GC Memory Card SD reader (modified chip) (or: using a Gecko GC Memory Card (SD adapter) and in conjunction with using SDload (or any free downloadabe firmware programs)
These (modified chips) devices allowed users to play pirated (Home Brew Games) software on the GC and Wii. :smilewinkgrin: These Mod Chips might be considered to have questionable legality & most deffintly USE AT YOUR OWN RISK. :yikes:

The above examples are called a Mod Chips (modified chips)

Then there are just standerd GC Memory Cards (Chips), used for GC Games saves only on either GC and Wii
And then there are just standerd SD Cards & MiniSD/cards with SD reader (aka Chips) that come in 64MB(old but still works), 256MB, 512MB, 1 Gig, & all the way up to 2 gig. Any Brand Name I've used thus far seems
all work fine saving Wii Game saves, Wii Chanels, Wii Ware, Photos, and yes MP3's...

The above examples are called SD cards (Unmodified chips)

Stay away from HCSD's (Highe Capasity) they dont work (at least on my Wii anyway)

2 Gig seams to be the Limit (at least for me) My Dig Cam, & MP3 player have a hard time reading any thing more than 2 Gig...so ive never bought ay thing more than 2 Gig to test on my Wii...
I have a regular 512Gig SD card (chip) in my Wii right now, and even after downloding all the WiiChanels, All Wii Wares & 10 VC Games (so far)
I still haven't used up the Wii's internal Memory yet. so I haven even needed to utilize the 512 MB I already have,

As of right Now (dont know when the sale ends) all my local Radio Shacks stores are selling 1 Gig SD card(chips) for US $14.99
& 2 Gig SD card(chips) for US $24.99...

And Nintendo as of the latest Wii Update (3.0) on Aug 7th 2007 has deffinitly blocked the use of Any Action Replay/Freeloder ver 1.14a & ver 1.14b

So now how do you difine "Chiped"?

And Whats the best chip (SD card) to use?) Any of them, but try not to waste money buying a A huge SD Card unless you can justify it buy its multi-purpose use in some of your other electroniccal devices.

mn777saint

Back