Wii Classic Controller.... how important?

aznquest65

WiiChat Member
Jun 25, 2007
Is this controller needed or is it just an option rather than using the wii mote? Can all the games function without the classic? I just want to know what I'm getting into before I buy anymore games.

yeah, what he said..

NES control pads only had the 2 right hand buttons (wii is fine there)

MegaDrive had 3 (wii uses buttons 1, 2 and a, so it works there..)

for SNES games (having the 4 right hand buttons) you will want/need a GC controller or classic..

and with GC games, obviously you can use a GC controller, i think the classic will work with these aswell..

GaryT85 said:
yeah, what he said..

NES control pads only had the 2 right hand buttons (wii is fine there)

MegaDrive had 3 (wii uses buttons 1, 2 and a, so it works there..)

for SNES games (having the 4 right hand buttons) you will want/need a GC controller or classic..

and with GC games, obviously you can use a GC controller, i think the classic will work with these aswell..
The classic controller DOES NOT work for GC games.

You really need a Classic Controller for SNES games, try one such as Super Mario World or the Contra game and you will quickly see why; the button layout of the Gamecube controller is just all wrong.

WiiBad said:
You really need a Classic Controller for SNES games, try one such as Super Mario World or the Contra game and you will quickly see why; the button layout of the Gamecube controller is just all wrong.

So true. I was never a fan of the GC controller because of the button layout. I wish the CC could work with gc games since it is the perfect controller (next to the Wiimote)

Back