Wii Classic Controller Vs Game Cube Controller

gspin2k1 said:
So I downloaded a few games that require a Wii Classic Controller and/or game Cube Controller...I also plan to buy a game cube game or two to play on my Wii...I currently only have Wii Remotes and Nunchucks..

Can anyone tell me what would be really the advantage of buying the Classic Controller over the Game Cube Controller and Vice Versa. Thank you.
~G

the classic controller is way better for the VC because the button mapping on the GCN controller for most VC games is screwy. However the classic controller will not play GCN game because it's a Wii attachment that only works on the VC and Wii Menu. So i would say to get one of each controller.

I just recieved my classic controller from GL so when I get a Wii I won't have to decide on which one I ll just buy 2 GC controllers

I have 2x GC Controllers (WaveBirds) & 2x Wii Classic Controllers.

You need GC controllers to play GC games and IMHO they are MUCH better then the classic controllers for GC and N64 (VC) games. I found the buttons mapped strangely for Mario Kart 64 & Mario 64 on the Wii Classic controller which detracted severly from the gameplay. The GC WaveBirds however are fantastic!

For all other VC titles though (especially SNES titles) the Classic controllers are excellent - and having them on the side means when I have 4 people over we can have four people on Mario Kart.

Just my 2c :)
If you can only afford one, base it on what games you plan to play more.
N64/GC = GC Controller
NES/SNES = Classic Controller

I want them to make a modified cable attachment that will let me connect the Classic controller to the GC ports for playing cube games. Such a nice controller. I bought it with the intention of using it for Smash Brothers Melee, but when I found you couldn't use it for GC, I was upset. Now I have a classic controller, and no intention of ever buying any VC games. Simply because it's too damned expensive.

Might wait for a modding guide to make the Classic Controller usable on PC :D.

Back