Wii Classic Controller

Does anyone know if they ever plan on releasing a controller that will attach to the remote that will work with the older gamecube games?

escapethematrix said:
Does anyone know if they ever plan on releasing a controller that will attach to the remote that will work with the older gamecube games?

I don't think they can. When you play a gamecube game, it is not an emulator running on the Wii, it is almost like a seperate Game Cube running within the Wii... (from my limited understanding) Once you click start on the disk channel with a game cube game in the drive, the nintendo remotes do not work, so anything plugged in wouldn't work either. This is why we need a memory card and game cube controllers.

JonnyJTV said:
I don't think they can. When you play a gamecube game, it is not an emulator running on the Wii, it is almost like a seperate Game Cube running within the Wii... (from my limited understanding) Once you click start on the disk channel with a game cube game in the drive, the nintendo remotes do not work, so anything plugged in wouldn't work either. This is why we need a memory card and game cube controllers.
i would say that you got it right on the mark.

Does anyone know if there will be an attachment or something to go on the back of the controller. What does that middle button do ? ? ?

yeah, there's an attatchment for the wii remote to plug into. think of the nunchuk attatchment--now, replace the nunchuck with the classic controller.

Yea...I'm not so sure about this GameCube/N64 thing...But i'm positive you can use it on Wii games (that are compatible with it/coming out soon) and I know you can use it on VC.

wii-tard said:
Does anyone know if there will be an attachment or something to go on the back of the controller. What does that middle button do ? ? ?
It opens the locks on the back of the classic controller...... Altough I have no idea what could go there.... A rumble pak possibly? (I highly doubt it though.... No way to connect it to the system)

Back