Wii Component Cables

uvafred13

WiiChat Member
Dec 18, 2006
Does anyone know how to set up so I can use the component cables on my Pioneer HDTV? When I go into settings and video settings, I cant change the resolution from 480i to 480p, its greyed out so I cannot select it. any ideas??

The selection on the wii is a function of the cable not the TV. When you plug in the cables, the wii will unlock 480p regardless of whether you have an HDTV or not (I do not have an HDTV but I can select 480p and see a screwed up image if I want haha). If you cannot select then there is either A) something wrong with your cable or B) something wrong with your wii. Are you using Nintendo cables?

uvafred13 said:
Does anyone know how to set up so I can use the component cables on my Pioneer HDTV? When I go into settings and video settings, I cant change the resolution from 480i to 480p, its greyed out so I cannot select it. any ideas??

If you have component cables hooked up to the Wii and an HDTV it will become a choice. I hope you are not talking about the cables that came with the Wii. They are not component cables. They are composite cables, not High Def. Most people don't have component cables yet as they are not in wide distribution yet.

Back