Wii component cables

Bowser77

WiiChat Member
May 28, 2010
Illionis
I bought a Wii yesterday and was wondering if I should buy the component cables as well. I have a 52" Samsung TV. I just wanted to know if the graphics will be improved or should I just save my money.

Nar stick with the default cables

Bowser77, well I've just installed new component cable this morning and there is an improvement displaying internet forum text which I can now read much better than the original cables. Gold plated less than £5 inc postage, search Amazon.

Regards :yesnod:

Thanks for all the posts. I got some component cables myself and I do think the picture does look better.

Yes me too bought cheap 3rd party cables from target for 10 dollars 3 years ago and looks much better. Never gone back to the old ones (unless the tv dies).

I had component cables right after i bought my launch wii, it improves the visuals to 480 p(progressive scan) over the composite cables, which is in 480 i (interlaced). Yes to answer your question, it will improve the visuals using component cables.

Yes, it provides some improvments no matter what TV you bought the Component cables for. It just improves in Sharpness, Clarity, and Color. It will improve upon the way you games are appear on screen. Graphics are controlled buy the graphics/video Card and nothing else.

Hi, I have philips lcd 42" HD, http://www.shopmania.co.uk/shopping~online-televisions~buy-philips-32pfl3605h~p-7768215.html and I was woundering which cable do I need to connect them. I found cheap scart cable for wii http://www.mytrendyphone.co.uk/shop/rgb-scart-cable-24749p.html

But my other trouble is that I have two scart out, and my dvd is using one, and satelite the other. So is there other option for connecting them? I do not know much about these stuff and every help is welcome. Also, I don´t want to spend muc money on cables if that is posible :mad2::aureola:

Hi, PinkFox, I'm from the U.S. and I've never really seen a SCART cable. However, I looked up info to help you. SCART apperently has been a standard European cable since the 1970s. The SCART cable is the same as a U.S. Coaxial or S-Video cable which means they all only provide a 480i picture (Except SCART & S-Video seem to provide only Better Color than Coaxial).

In my opinion and my Knowledge of TV Connections. You have a 42" Full HDTV. SCART uses 480i or 480Interlacing Pixels. 15 frames on the Left and on the right displays one full image within 30 seconds or what you call 30fps. With component, you still get SDTV 480, but it's 480p. 480pixels in one singular 60fps image and thats whats makes it clearer sharper and better (Even on your HDTV).

Back