Wii Component Cables

-G-

WiiChat Member
Oct 27, 2006
Aberdeen, Scotland
I couldn't see any threads with COMPONENT CABLE in the header so give me a break if this has been posted already;

NTSC Gamecube had 480p Progressive Scan input for the Gamecube, PAL Didn't - FACT

My HDTV Supports 480p / 480i and the rumour around town is that the PAL Wii games will be encoded with 480p Progressive - RUMOUR

There are already component Cables on the Market, but which one shold I buy?

I've ordered this - will it work?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Fanatec-Pre..._1_2/203-8395296-3463116?ie=UTF8&s=videogames

-G- said:

Reason why I say that is because it ships around there. However I do know that PAL has a different number of lines on their televisions. Um, basically do you have a TV that states that it has 480p or something?

The difference in visual quality of most Wii component cables will be hard to tell apart. The main price difference comes from cable length. In order to keep the same noise/signal ratio on longer cables they have to use better quality components, shielding etc. which increases the cost. Pretty much any Wii component cable will get the job done. You prolly wont be able to tell the difference between a $30 cable and a $60 cable, so really get what you're comfortable with. But you will notice that the more expensive cables are usually longer.

Kind of,

It is NON compatible with NTSC 480P/720P or 480i progressive scanning simply because its a european tv.

BUT

It's input signal accomodates both 1080i (HD) 720P(HD) and 480P / 480i (SD) on both NTSC & PAL formats.

It has component terminals (Y/Pb/Pr) and HDMI, I know that 480 isn't strictly HD but i'm hoping it will work. The gamecube left a bad taste in my mouth last time round as only the Septic Tanks got 480p/i gaming

Because I know that PAL TV has a different number of lines, thats the only thing that concerns me. I guess you'll just have to find out. However if the TV states it can support it, I guess it can

We'll see anyway, the GF bought me the Wii for Xmas... (Well, I did, she's giving me the money for it tomorrow;) ) I'm just buying as much crap to go with it as I can :D

Pity the Wii wasn't released in Black, would have went with my Ds Lite a treat...

Ah well, mustn't grumble...

I can't find component cables anywhere around here ( Venezuela, I had to import the console ) :(

Had to play zelda using composite on my LCD TV. A shame.

Kuma said:
I can't find component cables anywhere around here ( Venezuela, I had to import the console ) :(

Had to play zelda using composite on my LCD TV. A shame.

100 Cool Points to you for having the coolest President EVER :smilewinkgrin:

ROFLMAO.....can't figure out if -G- is serious or not.

Let us know if you guys find more 3rd party cables available online. I may try BB and CC tomorrow just in case.

You would find plenty of threads with the words "component cables" in there titles.

The reason you didn't was because you're looking in the wrong forum.

I ordered mine from Nintendo store like Thursday, and on Friday I received a shipping email and a tracking number from UPS so anyone really looking to get some component cables shouldn't have too much problem now. Unless I'm the luckiest SOB with a Wii.

Back