wii connect 24 kills wii?

jason416

WiiChat Member
Feb 1, 2008
Wii Online Code
8204-3159-3293-3808
T_T I am soo scared. I heard that if you turn on wii connect 24 wii can overheat really fast and it can damage the wii (grahpic card etc.)

1. And i need to know if the rumors are true.
About wii connect 24 killing Wii

2. When ever i turn off my wii, do i have to unplug the power adapter everytime? or leave it on as red light (not yellow standard mode or on mode (green) ).

3. wait, if i dont unplug my wii power adapter (red light) will it overheat?

4. How can i stop my CD auto loading itself(to protect from scratching). I heard you can stop it.

5. If i put on standard mode (yellow light) its still on standard and my wii can overheat because its not completely off right?

6. I put my wii on the wooden desk. its good right ? xD

7. I am soo sorry for asking soo much pathetic questions. I want to make sure my wii is safe T_T sorry people. I am truthfully thanks to all the helpers.

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure that is mostly rumor. I believe in previous version of the firmware there was an issue with the wii connect causing heating issues, but I never heard of anyone losing a wii to overheating. The hardware is made very well.

If you're still concerned I'm pretty sure you can turn off wii connect through system settings. I read someone saying that the new wii firmware (after doing system updates) solves this issue and it should be fine now.

In summary,

1. I don't believe they are true. I've left my wii on with wii connect 24 for a year or so.

2. No.

lol. Nothing bad has happened to my Wii while on standby.

It just depends on where you have it. If you were to have it on carpet, then maybe it will overheat, but if you have it on tile, most likely no.

Yeah thats a good point, just make sure there is room around it for air to circulate and there really shouldn't be any issues.

use wiiconnect24 if you want, just hold power button 5 seconds to turn it off the system completely

manred said:
lol. Nothing bad has happened to my Wii while on standby.

It just depends on where you have it. If you were to have it on carpet, then maybe it will overheat, but if you have it on tile, most likely no.

i have it on my desk (its wood).

3. wait, if i dont unplug my wii power adapter (red light) will it overheat?
4. How can i stop my CD auto loading itself(to protect from scratching). I heard you can stop it.
5. If i put on standard mode (yellow light) its still on standard and my wii can overheat because its not completely off right?
6. I am soo sorry for asking soo much pathetic questions. I want to make sure my wii is safe T_T sorry people. I am truthfully thanks to all the helpers.

Not sure how you can stop the auto loading.
I don't think it will overheat, if your worried enough about it, you should get a Wii fan cooler for it.

the wii uses such a small amount a electricity(17watts per hour). it can get hot but it wont overheat especially in wiiconnect24 standby.

Wiiconnect24 never did anything to my Wii. I have never turned wiiconnect24 off and I've had it for almost a year.

I just hold the button for 5 seconds or so and turn off Wii Connect 24 so that the system itself or the games never can overheat.

iOwnage said:
Wiiconnect24 never did anything to my Wii. I have never turned wiiconnect24 off and I've had it for almost a year.

is it even hot ?? i left my connect24 on for like.... couple hours one time and it was pretty hot

Back