wii connect 24 question

markswii199

WiiChat Member
Feb 19, 2007
ok so here is the thing i want to know
if wii connect 24 is on and i shut off the console and the light is orange then is the wii off?
if not is it safe to keep it like this?

The wii is off but wiiconnect24 is still working so that you can recieve messages and such.

its safe to keep it on, although it might get a little hot.

Yeh i would tend to agree atm it doesnt really play that much of a purpose just turn it off, I just unplug my wii from the wall when im not using it.

It's designed to work that way, so of course it's not damaging to leave it like that.

I leave my PS2 on standby whenever I'm not using it and nothing happens should be the same for the Wii.

i leave mine like that, no problem

one thing a friend pointed out, his router only detects the MAC address when in standby, but in powered on mode you get a hostname. something to consider if you take network security seriously

Red light is not good, i don't mean bad but it means it's completely off, including Connect24, and that you're wasting your power. So I would recommend keeping it at orange.

I have wiiconnect set to turn off when I'm not using the wii. The side of the wii gets warm when it is left on and I am paranoid about these kinds of things:D

Back