wii connect 24

mandude

WiiChat Member
May 29, 2006
will the wii connect 24 service cost any money? And will the wii need a router or can it pick uo the wifi signal from a network

im_a_super_smash_bro said:
i really hope not because the wii games are gonna cost a fortune. but its all worth it!! WIIIIIIIIIIIIIII

any clue on how much the games will be in the uk?

In addition, there will be no charge for Wi-Fi connections, or first-party Nintendo wireless Internet content.

Got this off the nintendo 'contact us' pages, so there will be no charge for their service or any of their content but if other developers want to put stuff on there they are going to be charging at their discretion

As for the wifi i'm not sure, but i don't see why a normal wireless router wouldn't work (i think it does for the ds)

phimuajedi69 said:
Got this off the nintendo 'contact us' pages, so there will be no charge for their service or any of their content but if other developers want to put stuff on there they are going to be charging at their discretion

As for the wifi i'm not sure, but i don't see why a normal wireless router wouldn't work (i think it does for the ds)

Yeah, they aren't going to charge. Wireless routers will work for it, it is WIRELESS after all. And yes, the DS uses wireless routers/access points to access the interwebs.

Recusant said:
Yeah, they aren't going to charge. Wireless routers will work for it, it is WIRELESS after all. And yes, the DS uses wireless routers/access points to access the interwebs.
I agree that it will be free. However if I'm understanding you right, your conclusion on the wireless, but the logic is all wrong. Wireless is not just wireless, there is WiFi, IR, bluetooth, Nintendo Proprietary (used for DS-to-DS wireless, uses less battery than WiFi), and all of them can only communicate to themself. For example: if you have a WiFi router, you can't get the signal on a bluetooth reciever. In the original post, Mandude asked if you had to have a router/reciever or if you could pick up off a network. The answer to that is: for a wireless network to exist (in computers), there has to be a router. So, yes, you have to have either a wireless router or a Nintendo USB reciever.

Wow. Your first post was to a question two and a half years old... I wonder if they were still waiting for the answer?!?! LOL

Wow. Your first post was to a question two and a half years old... I wonder if they were still waiting for the answer?!?! LOL

Yeah lol they are like OMG YES!! After all these years we thought all hope was gone, until random user finds this random thread and gives us all hope once again!! FREE AT LAST!!!

What should I do if my wiiconnect24 says it cannot offer me the shopping channel and I cannot send messages to my friend? Please help me it is very annoying.

Back