Wii connection issues

Ender772

WiiChat Member
May 29, 2007
My wii has had internet for a while now. All of a sudden it stops working. I can find my wireless router on the wii, but when i try to connect to the shop, or internet etc... it brings up the setup where i see that it is wireless connected to the router, and i cannot go any further

1) Check your router's channel number: channel 1 or channel 11 is the best. (I believe it calls the channel in the manual somewhere, but it may not).

2) If your router uses any sort of enhanced power boost, turn it off... for some reason it will not work with the Wii.

Just make sure you have your network name / SSID typed in correctly to the Wii also, otherwise the Wii won't be able to find your network (as well as any passwords).

Hope this helps

well i tried all 3, i got error code 51330, looked it up, and it tells me to do exactly what u just told me to do, and now I'm stumped

1) Call nintendo, something might have hapened to your wii (this takes a LONG time so maybe avioding that is better)

2) Retailer (although i dont think they can do anything)

3) have you tried with another connection? maybe its just something wrong with your connection

4) If worse comes to worse you can try a LAN connection?

5) Restore factory settings, if it worked before it should work again unless somethings wrong with the hardware

Sorry haha thats the solutions i can think about at the moment

aha, yes the reset to factory default settings worked on the router, thanks

*Hijacks Thread*
Is it possible to connect Wii to a PC's LCD, what connection cables wil I need?
I have a new ASUS 22" model, if that helps.

if you have a media center tv then your pc wil have composite inputs where you can plaug in your wii

if your LCD is connected to PC via a VGA (?) cable, and it has composite/component/s-video inputs on the back/side or something then it should support it

Back