Wii Console Battery

rust

WiiChat Member
Feb 26, 2008
long story short, need to manually reset wii. how long should i leave its internal battery out for?

rust said:
long story short, need to manually reset wii. how long should i leave its internal battery out for?
need some symptoms to help... trying to override parental control password? you need to call nintendo and they will give you a backdoor password.

see below for reset instructions...

"when on the wii menu go into the settings (spanner icon in the bottom corner), after this there is two options, one is to do with memory, the other is settings, go into settings. when in here keep flicking through the pages until you find an option called "return to factory settings" or something like that, this should put the Wii right back to how it was when you bought it."

or you can leave it unplugged over night for anoother rare symptom... read here

yeah, the wii does have an internal battery. if your wii is in the virticle position, the battery has a small casing (only the outline of a square is visible). there is one small screw. if this is opened up you can get to the 3V? battery. i removed it for about 20 seconds, and replaced it, but the wii retained its memory. how long should i leave the battery out for befor it will wipe out the memory? Oh, and if you unplug the wii from the wall, it will take AGES for the memory to be lost 'cause the battery is still in it. lol
anyway, any help would be appreciated:smilewinkgrin:

Well then a reformat would do...unless it's a parental control you're fixing, as Idjut pointed out.

Brawny said:
Uh...it doesn't have an internal battery?

If you unplugged it from the wall...couple minutes?
It does have an internal battery. It's used to keep the time even when the Wii is unplugged.

I had to take it out to mod my Wii, and when I was finished it thought it was the year 2999 :lol:

how do you manually reformat the wii?

yeah, this is helpful, but what if th wii is "frozen" on one screen and you are not able to get to the menu? every time i turn it off/on or reset the wii it come up with the same page. is the some other way of resetting it?

Back