wii costs nintendo $158

I don't they think did a ripoff job either.

That is the console only it cost them to make, it does not include the wiimote and nunchuk in its pricing.

You know what? I don't mind at all. It's still the cheapest console out there by far. And don't forget how well the Nintendo Gamecube didn't sell - they probably need to make back the money they lost on that console.
Plus, Wii is awesome.

Not too long to save up that much money, now whenever I see someone on this forum say its too expensive, I'm gonna say "Look at cake he is only 12 and he can afford a Wii"

Wii_Smurf said:
Compare that to probally a $200 PS3 lol They sell for 3x more

You must give me some of that stuff you're smoking, Sony is losing over $200 per PS3 they sell, they are actually selling them for less then it costs to make them. Which is not abnormal in the gaming world, Microsoft just recently started making a small profit on it's Xbox 360 console sales.

So to make your above statement true Sony would have to sell its PS3 for $2550 (850x3), that's if they were selling them for 3x more then they cost to make. $600 is a far cry from $2550.

Well in the UK the bare console package costs:

UK£ 180 = 354.45600 US$ <---that many dollars. I'm sure there's some VAT crap somewhere in the calculations (17.5%) but it still sucks ¬_¬

Back