Wii Damage on Power Loss

Harey

WiiChat Member
Dec 7, 2007
Hi,

Firstly hello, I am new to the forum and have to wait until Christmas for the kids to get the household Wii! During the wait (don't worry one already purchased) I've been reading the manual and using the forums.

Following a discussion with a friend who owns a Wii, I asked if he leaves the unit on Standby (Red) or WiiConnect24 (Orange). Basically he didn't realise there was a difference and had been turning the console off to Orange (using a single press on the Wiimote) then removing the plug.

I checked the manual (and even used search on the PDF version) and found no information on how to get the unit into a Standby (Red) mode, just warnings about it being unplugged when NOT in this Standby (Red) mode.

This forum, gave me the information on how to get the unit into Standby (Red), however my mate is now worried if his console has suffered any damage from being unplugged in WiiConnect24 (Orange) mode.

Now the only thing I can think of (without owning a Wii, but being in the IT industry) is that the Wii could be in system update mode when being unplugged; thus a problem.

Anybody else have any thoughts, or reassurance for him?

Cheers
Chris

Back