Wii Disc Drive Light... Optical Illusion?

+Maniacal=Maniac+

Am I Losing Friends?
Aug 8, 2006
Wii Online Code
4516-7863-9846-6018
Augh, This Is Really Making Me angry... My Computer's About 30 Feet Away From The Wii, But The Wii Is Right In Front And Under The Window. So, When It's Bright Outside, The Disc Drive Has Somewhat Of A Light Blue Tint From A Distance. I Walk Over There... It Ain't On. I Either Get Pissed Or laugh And Shake My Head.:lol:

I Know The Soulution, Shut The Window Blinds And Such... But I'm Just Wondering If This Happened To Anyone Else.

i swear to god i thought this was a thread about how awesome the blue light is (as i jokingly suggested about making in another thread). what a huge letdown.

anyway, if you have to shut the blinds to see it, theres something wrong. aside from the dim light, the console works fine, yeah?

me either, I like how the new update makes the light go on when you insert or eject a game though!

Nemoso said:
i swear to god i thought this was a thread about how awesome the blue light is (as i jokingly suggested about making in another thread). what a huge letdown.

anyway, if you have to shut the blinds to see it, theres something wrong. aside from the dim light, the console works fine, yeah?

Nah, I Can See It When It's Actually On. It's Just That It Has A Slight Blue Tint The Emits From A Distance. That Is All. The Console Is Flawless. Launch Day, Updated, And Pimped Out. :cool:

Lmao funny Aristo, and no this hasn't happened to me either, but I allways crap my pants when I see it on cause I'm excited that there is a new update form nintendo, but 75% of the time its just some perosn who sent me a message...haha

I want to make my wii have all bright bright green lights and a clear case with green lights, blue seems over played to me, or like a uv purple would be nifty

they need a update that would make the light stay on all the time and pulse when there is a message.

it happened to me, but i thought the orange power light was somehow off.......no light, but when i got closer.....it was on.....:lol:

I threw my wiimote at my wii so my light doesnt work most of the time.
It's really slow and makes stupid noises.

LOL At Sabino.

Yeah, Since It's Dark-ish Here Now, The Illusion Don't Work. :(

fraz1776 said:
me either, I like how the new update makes the light go on when you insert or eject a game though!
seriously, this has always happened. i reset all of my wii's settings and tested it out. it turned blue whenever i started a game. i couldn't try it with a VC game because obviously you have to connect to the internet to download games and when you do connet, the update happens. but, yes, it has always happened, end of story.

Back