Wii disc-loading problem

mouse

WiiChat Member
Nov 19, 2006
I just set up and did the configuration for my new Wii. But, when I tried to load the game disc it wouldn't load. Instead, it made noise like it was trying to load, but the disc didn't move. I tried to egg it in very gently (thinking maybe I wasn't putting it in far enuf, etc.), but nothing is happening. Is anyone else having this problem?

So are you saying that the disc is not 'sucked in' by the Wii?

I have to push the disc in all the way to the edge of the center hole before it grabs it.

Nintendo sometimes grabs it, but the disc does not go all the way in. It stops about an inch. It won't go in by itself.

That doesn't sound good :-(

Make sure you're putting it in as close to center as possible. I noticed that if I put it in at the top or bottom it doesn't grab it very well.

I've been fiddling with it, but I'm not having any luck. It just doesn't want to grab ahold of the disc. Sometimes when it actually does get ahold of it, then it doesn't take it all the way in the slot. It has about an inch sticking out.

Wiiboy93 said:
not upside down but the blank side facing the left

Correct, the readable (shiny) side should be left towards the buttons. I put it in the opposite way, shiny to the right, and it still loaded it. It just couldn't read it.

mouse said:
I've been fiddling with it, but I'm not having any luck. It just doesn't want to grab ahold of the disc. Sometimes when it actually does get ahold of it, then it doesn't take it all the way in the slot. It has about an inch sticking out.

I hate to say it, but I think it's busted :frown2:

According to Nintendo they don't want you to return it...but check with your store anyway to see if they will do an exchange.

Nintendo doesn't want you to return to the store or to them?

mouse said:
Nintendo doesn't want you to return to the store or to them?

Nintendo doesn't want you to return it to the store...it was on the topmost piece of literature in the box. I think they have a number to call for support on it, you may want to try that. Yeah, it's on the bottom of the Quick Setup pamphlet.

It says "DO NOT return this product to the store."

Back