Wii Display Problems - Blues Turn to Greens

mgoofy24

WiiChat Member
Dec 16, 2009
Hi,

I've been having issues with my Wii and its display. When the Wii first starts up, it runs fine and dandy for a little while. After a few minutes of being turned on, however, the display gets washed out into different colors. Blues that were sharp when the Wii was first turned on wash out to a greenish color, and the whites turn to light grays. Reds look more like pinks...etc

I've got the Wii hooked up to my TV via component cables. They're aftermarket cables, not sure of the quality, but they worked well for over two years.

This problem has been going on for some time now (it was one of the main reasons I stopped using the Wii).

No other input device has problems with my TV. I've got cable TV running in through coax and a PS3 and a DVD player running in through HDMI. None of those have issues with color.

Any ideas what this could be?

Also, color sometimes comes back to normal after a while of gameplay, but it will almost always switch back into not proper colors...

Edit: The color problems are present in the Wii menu screen, not just in gameplay

Last edited:
Haven't heard about this kind of issue before, but it sounds to me like you've either got the cables not set up correctly (somehow) or you've got dodgy cables. May be an idea to invest in some more.

Even me facing the same issue, had checked my WII at my friends place and its working fine with my cable as well as my power connect. Dont know where the issue is.. am feeling helpless.. please let me know if you have find out the solution to this issue..

Back