Wii does not play games from nintendo

rapter

lextalionis
Jun 18, 2007
Wii Online Code
2271-5844-9341-5394
I bought a wii 3 days back, I got Zelda and Pirates of C along with the console.

Both zelda and Pirates of C works very well, but Wii Sports does not work. I complained to nintendo and they agreed to send a replacement.

Today I bought wii play and medal of honor. Again Wii play does not play, while MOH plays very well.

Is it a known problem? anyone else faced this problem?

I don't get any error message, the disk is recognized by wii, but when i click on start, the screen goes blank and the remote switches it self off. The only way to come out of it, is to restart wii.

But all other games play well. Its only these two disks [wii sports & wii play] and both are from nintendo.

rapter said:
But all other games play well. Its only these two disks [wii sports & wii play] and both are from nintendo.
oh, sorry, missed that bit of information. then i would return the games you bought (hope you have your receipts) and get new ones and test them out

ive never heard of certain games not working. Is it possible his Wii sports or Wii play are from another country/region then the games that do work?

I doubt it is a region problem since Wii Sports comes with the Wii

Rosbaughcr said:
I doubt it is a region problem since Wii Sports comes with the Wii

wouldnt that be something though...but as to what the other people were saying about the whole zelda thing...zelda is a nintendo game...i would also do what the other person said a little further up in this thread in that if and when you send those 2 games back if they still don't work then you obviously must send it in to nintendo for them to get better look at wtf is wrong with ur wii!:yikes: :yikes: :crazy: :crazy:

The way I see it, there are two possible problems.

1) You're putting the discs in backwards.

2) It's really just a gamecube.

My brother's Wii did the same thing until he sent it in. Now it plays all of the discs.

Wiired said:
It's just a coincidence that both games have 'Wii' at the beginning of their names. I blame dodgy games or dodgy Wii.

Just plain ol' dodgy-ness then?

Sent it back... i'm sure Nintedo will sort it out ^^

NB - don't "complain to Nintendo". "Report it"... it sounds more mature (Y) =P

Back