Wii Downhill From Here?

Wiimoto said:
LOL. No one is playing them? Thats funny...[/QUOTE

I think you misunderstood him. He meant that no one is buying games and playing games other than the Wii Sports that comes with the console (at least in comparison to software sales of the other consoles).

I could definately see his predictions coming true. Once all of the hype and the gimmickery wears off, I'm willing to bet the Wii will end up like another Gamecube. Sure, we'll get great first party titles, but that's about it.

CantGetAWii said:
Hmm, No More Heroes, Disaster Day Of Crisis, Red Steel 2?
Some good games right there, I personally am looking forward to those.

Will those games EVER come out (aside from NMH, which looks really...blah)?

Everyone keeps telling us to WAIT for the big titles and the great games.

When exactly are these games going to finally arrive? We've got a few great first party titles, but that's about it. Is that enough to sustain a console?

its not an opinion its a fact, the wii isnt selling as much software as it should. hardware is one thing but software is what keeps the system alive.

I know that there are four games I am looking foreward to coming out and/or buying when I have to money:

1)Brawl
2)Mario Kart
3)Guitar Hero 3(i know it's out, I just need the money to buy it)
4)MLB 2K8

Those are the four games I plan on getting this year. I may add more if an extraordinary title comes out.

Well itsn't that Nintendo's plan? To get all the hardware out right now, and then to invest more in software. They have already said they will be putting more into their online services this year which must mean there are more online games on the horizon (SSBB and MK in the near future and other Mario Sports titles in the more distant future).

Atomheart said:
Will those games EVER come out (aside from NMH, which looks really...blah)?

Everyone keeps telling us to WAIT for the big titles and the great games.

When exactly are these games going to finally arrive? We've got a few great first party titles, but that's about it. Is that enough to sustain a console?

No More Heroes (I know your opinions on it, but I don't care) is easily the best third party Wii game this year, that we know of anyways. Disaster Day Of Crisis and Red Steel 2 are TBA, but have been said to be coming this year. Red Steel 2 was in development since the last one. More accusations from you without prior knowledge again? Seriously, I'm not just shooting games out here.

Sovieto said:
its not an opinion its a fact, the wii isnt selling as much software as it should. hardware is one thing but software is what keeps the system alive.

Well, things may be looking up.
Wii sold better software wise in December, outselling both 360 and Ps3.

CantGetAWii said:
Hmm, No More Heroes, Disaster Day Of Crisis, Red Steel 2?
Some good games right there, I personally am looking forward to those.

Yeah, but I dont want those. NMH is cool, I could possibly get it, but right now I dont.

Day of Crisis, i duno... I gotta hunch I wont like it or it will suck

Red Steel bombed, so ill have to really wait about this one

T3kNi9e said:
Yeah, but I dont want those. NMH is cool, I could possibly get it, but right now I dont.

Day of Crisis, i duno... I gotta hunch I wont like it or it will suck

Red Steel bombed, so ill have to really wait about this one

Fair enough, but there is still the ones we know nothing of.
More of the ones that developers had promised to work harder on after making mistakes with their earlier games.

From what I've heard, the attach rate of the Wii in NA is only slightly lower than the 360. And both the Wii and 360 have much higher attach rates than the PS3.

This article is a load of BS, or the information that I've been reading is incorrect (and I'm pretty sure I've read 2 seperate analysis of the NDP breakdown giving the attach numbers in '07).

Back