Wii-DS

ninnie x

AKA nintendoxxx1
Oct 20, 2006
The Nearest Dumster to your house...
Wii Online Code
5457-8878-2124-2087
Okay, this is just an idea, it's no rumor or anything...Or is it?

It's been said that the Nintendo DS can hook up wirelessly with the Wii. Well maybe you'll be able to play DS games with the Wii remote. You know, the remote could be used like the pen. Or MAYBE you could use it like the Tingle Tuner in Twilight Princess or something. Post your opinions and your own ideas about Wii-DS.

I am confused about this... has Nintendo said what the Wii can do with the DS? I don't own a DS but I have though about buying one and I might. I've heard things about being able to download DS demos from WiiConnect24.

the wii mote can not work with the ds because it has no way for the sensor bar to connect to it plus it would be pointless

you can how ever download demos from the wii online service similar to how you download games to your gba except its done via the ds download play.

Link_of_Hyrule said:
the wii mote can not work with the ds because it has no way for the sensor bar to connect to it plus it would be pointless
you can how ever download demos from the wii online service similar to how you download games to your gba except its done via the ds download play.

Dude wireless...........like the wiimote is to the wii. :cornut: :prrr: :cornut:

vagrant said:
The wiimote uses a sensor bar. The DS is touch screen.
The only thing the sensor bar is for is to give the Wiimote its location in relation to the TV. You wouldn't get the motion sensing from the DS, but if the game were designed with a DS Control in mind, you could do some really cool things.

I_Want_Wii said:
It can probably do things similar to what the gameboy advance could do for the N64 or what the SP could do for the gamecube.
the GBA could not connect to the 64, and the only difference between the GBA and the SP was the size/shape and the fact that the SP had a light. Other than that there is absolutely no difference between the two.

registerednerd said:
The only thing the sensor bar is for is to give the Wiimote its location in relation to the TV. You wouldn't get the motion sensing from the DS, but if the game were designed with a DS Control in mind, you could do some really cool things.

Well I already established that you will be able to use the DS to control Wii games, but he was asking if you could use the wiimote on the DS. The answer is no.

im_a_super_smash_bro said:
Dude wireless...........like the wiimote is to the wii. :cornut: :prrr: :cornut:

Nope not the same thing. the Wii and DS both connect to the internet using WIFI the DS and WII could communicate thru WIFI.
however,
the remote communicates wirelessly to the wii wirelessly via a BLUETOOTH connection, which is totally different, and which the DS does not have.

hope this helps

Back