Wii Durability (I have a Question)

Roadrunner32

WMFL Commisioner
Jan 24, 2007
Ohio
Wii Online Code
5919-7119-9790-6555
I have a question as to how durable the Wii is. Ok so, I am going to be going on a 16 hour trip to Florida in the car in a few days. And I was wondering if the Wii is useable in a moving vehicle. There is a screen attached to the ceiling of the van and all I would have to do is hook the Wii up to it. I am asking this because last trip my brother brought his 360 and 10 minutes into it we hit a pump and the 360 scratched the CD really deep and ruined it. Would the Wii have this same problem? or is it useable in the car? Thanks in advance, and if you have any proof to reassure me that would be awesome. Because playing Wii would be a great way to past the time. And I don't want my SMG or SSBB disks to be ruined!

it's only so durable.
make sure it stays ventilated in the car so it won't overheat
do not leave it in the car in cold weather and then fire it up to play
do not leave it in the car in hot weather, ever.

best practice is to always carry it with you in a nice padded bag when you leave he car... unless the weather is very moderate

EDIT: and i'm sure it's possible to ruin a DVD if the disc is spinning and you hit a good enough bump. :yesnod:

like people have said, put it on a padded surface. get a nice big thick pillow and rest the wii on that, and big bumps would be dulled because of the thickness of the pillow.

With the way the Wii is built when you put in a disc it's really just floating inside the system. This is because it can play both the normal size disc (Wii) and the really small disc (GameCube). You could pick up the Wii while a disc is spinning and shake the dang thing (I DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS) and the disc would be fine and it would not disturb gameplay. So you should be fine in the car, have fun in Florida.

... you're playing your Wii in a car.... Well I've seen nothing the Safety Manual about not doing this, so I'm sure it's fine!

yeah just to touch on what others are already saying, use something really cushion-y, although letting it lie on a pillow for so long will not be too good because the pillow will start to heat up (on the spot where the wii lays), so just alternate sides of both the pillow and wii and of course protect it from sliding off the pillow on those crazy turns. also be sure to not cover the vents for air flow.

I've used mine in the car during a 16+ hr trip from Florida to Oklahoma and it worked absolutely fine. Just make sure you don't run it for too long at one time to prevent overheating and you shouldn't have a problem.

do not worry about the wii scratching your games. the Xbox 360 is the only disc drive known to man to not have a buffer, making it extremely easy to ruin discs. i have no idea why they didnt include this cheap feature but i broke a 60 dollar game the second day i had my 360 because i moved it while it was running bioshock.

wii should be fine.

Thanks

Well thank you for all the information. I am now confident in bringing my Wii. Now I can relax and play some Galaxy while other people in the car drive, lol. That is really dumb that Xbox 360 is like that Because I ruined my brand new madden game that way, luckily I took it back and they allowed me to exchange it. Once again thank you!

Back