Wii DVD compatible???

ninnie x

AKA nintendoxxx1
Oct 20, 2006
The Nearest Dumster to your house...
Wii Online Code
5457-8878-2124-2087
Okay, listen up! I've got a question that I'm desprate to ask: does the Wii play DVDs??? I really wanna have a DVD Player for the family! If you need a seperate purchase, please, o, please tell me. My hole family's wonerin'!

Thanks!:ciappa:

Not the current units. Bu the units a time from now will have DVD playback built it.

But I'm pretty sure you can get a better DVD player than what the Wii could offer.. Seriously, they're not that expensive.

Why are people so despirate for all their gaming consoles to double as media centers??? Especially where Nintendo intentionally made the Wii as simple as possible, for a mass market. Media complicates things, makes consoles more expensive, and the quality isn't very good.

registerednerd said:
Why are people so despirate for all their gaming consoles to double as media centers??? Especially where Nintendo intentionally made the Wii as simple as possible, for a mass market. Media complicates things, makes consoles more expensive, and the quality isn't very good.

Because alot of normal consumers would sacrfice quality for convenience. Alot of people want one device doing multiple things to keep their entertainment set-ups streamlined. Honestly, it's a shame they opted to leave DVD capabilities out. It's funnny seeing people trying to stick up for them as if it's a benefit that Nintendo decided to cut corners.

I think its all ready built into the wii but your guna need to download some softwere to make it actualy work but its not available right now

Bubbagump said:
I think its all ready built into the wii but your guna need to download some softwere to make it actualy work but its not available right now

I believe so as well which will completely save Nintendo in alot of normal consumers minds. What company anounces an upgrade to console that hasn't even launched yet? I mean, WTF.

Dvd players are not very expensive anymore.. why not just go out and buy one? I guess its not as conveniant as having it in the Wii but thats what keeps the wii prices so low ^^.

ABC said:
Because alot of normal consumers would sacrfice quality for convenience. Alot of people want one device doing multiple things to keep their entertainment set-ups streamlined. Honestly, it's a shame they opted to leave DVD capabilities out. It's funnny seeing people trying to stick up for them as if it's a benefit that Nintendo decided to cut corners.

Streamlined? We are talking about using a video game system for your entertainment system in your living room. Ghetto Ghetto Ghetto.

Go online on your wii and illegally download. As simple as that.

vagrant said:
Streamlined? We are talking about using a video game system for your entertainment system in your living room. Ghetto Ghetto Ghetto.

QFT.

GHETTO!

:)

Too many people are getting sucked into the hype that Sony and Microsoft are trying to ram down consumer's throats. Something really quick to prove my point... Isn't it convenient that the PS3 is the first mass-market Blu-Ray enabled player? And that the launch of Blu-Ray units from other manufacturers have all been postponed until the PS3 launch? Exactly... :)

who needsthat... just get a dvd player if u dont already have 1.. whats the big deal they're like $50

OK, let's get this straight. By it's very name, what is a gaming system for??? It's for playing games, not for being a media center. Especially if you are aiming for mass market. The older cusomers Nintendo is targeting may say "ooh, that look like a lot of stuff it can do, it must be really hard to use, I'll pass." If you think I'm exaggerating, you're wrong. I know plenty of people who think their antivirus software is too complicated, so they just don't use it (and BTW, once it's set up, antivirus is extremely easy to use. You just have to remember to click a couple buttons every now and then). Too many features turns off the target audience.

vagrant said:

Ghetto? Why so? My brother just bought a new condo and picked up a 50" Toshiba DLP... he doesn't want clutter and was VERY reluctant to get the Wii because he wanted one system so he could play games casually and use it as his DVD player. So to you, that is ghetto? DVD players have been put into consoles since the fcuking Ps2 launched in 2000. It's amazing how Nintendo fanbitches just roll over and accept crap technology and are actually happy about it. No wonder the Wii graphics are a notch above the Nintendo 64's. Because they know you bitches don't care. And you can seriously sit here and tell me that Nintendo announcing an upgrade to a console that wasn't even released yet is fine with you? That is business suicide. Nintedno better sell as many consoles while the consumers are still blind because once the novelty wears off,the Wii is going thwe way of the Gamecube.

Back