Wii DVD-Player failure!! Help!

Moffe

WiiChat Member
Jun 20, 2007
I've just modded my wii and that didn't work out so good. and when I removed the chip and tried to play the good old wii sports again the dvd-player won't take the disc. everything seems to work just fine except the dvd-player. and I have looked throu every little thing inside the console and I can't find anything that could be the problem.

If someone have had the same/similar problem pleeease let me know what has happend in my wii!!!

Ciao!

Other forums have walkthroughs for fixing this issue. Most of the time its a burnt component near the solder spots that you can bridge with a piece of wire.

Since I didn't have this problem its hard for me to remember where I saw it but maybe maxconsole or psx-scene?

look, people are idiots. You call nintendo, you send your system back within warranty period (or you pay them something) and when they get it they ship you someone elses broken "refurb" that they may or may not have fixed properly, then you can retry to mod that one. That's all there is to it. They DO NOT check systems very thoroughly when they get them.

Thechickenman27 and XwiimasturX like to make things up as they go.

If the system has been opened your warranty is void but that doesn't mean they won't fix it. The difference is that you have to pay for the repairs.

I wish negative rep existed for moments like these.

The ONLY advantage to modding your console is to save money by downloading ,burning, and playing copies. The disadvantages, it will wear out your drive, updates MIGHT render it useless, and you could break your system.

I have SDLOAD comming on the way for emulators, this way I dont have to use my computer with my ps2 pads and usb adapter. I can be online or watching a movie while i play on the wii. Only thing it wont do is N64 or PSone like I run on my computer, but that's no biggie. I like the classics.

Moffe said:
I've just modded my wii and that didn't work out so good. and when I removed the chip and tried to play the good old wii sports again the dvd-player won't take the disc. everything seems to work just fine except the dvd-player. and I have looked throu every little thing inside the console and I can't find anything that could be the problem.

If someone have had the same/similar problem pleeease let me know what has happend in my wii!!!

Ciao!
lol
gg moffe

Thechickenman27 said:
I dont make things up as i go. I actually thought they dont take it. I was just asking
Ok. Actually I know there are some people that got their system fixed under warranty after the mod chip was installed and SPM bricked their system so YMMV

modding ur system doesnt 'wear out' or damage anything if u did it right,

Proudful owner of modded xbox for 4-5 years...its outlasted any other xbox that ive known of thats NOT been modded :yesnod:

Also, you can select your drive speed with some modchips (1X, 3X and 6X). Slower speed means longer drive life and less noise but some games may crash because the drive is reading too slow.

Back