wii dvd player

Who cares about dvd playback anyway? If you dont have a dvd player by now then go buy that instead of a wii.

If the Wii supports playback of DivX (which it most likely will) then I'll definitely get the addon. Just hope they don't overprice the thing.

I don't have a DVD player, and it is very annoying. So my dad wants to buy one but I told him about teh attachment thing that lets you play DVDs so we might get that instead. of course I'll be trying to get a wii.

I_WANT_WII said:
I don't have a DVD player, and it is very annoying. So my dad wants to buy one but I told him about teh attachment thing that lets you play DVDs so we might get that instead. of course I'll be trying to get a wii.
i got a small dvd player for my room that was only 30, and i would imagine the attachment for dvds on wii would be 20-30 if it came out ($)

Ugh... Most PEople Have A DVD Player Now, Yes.
But I Hope I Don't Lose The Wiimote Inside The Couch!

+Maniacal=Maniac+ said:
But I Hope I Don't Lose The Wiimote Inside The Couch!

It'll be cool if they add a page feature where you press a button on the Wii the Wii-mote will start beeping so you can find it incase you lose it somewhere in your home.

Evi1d33d said:
It'll be cool if they add a page feature where you press a button on the Wii the Wii-mote will start beeping so you can find it incase you lose it somewhere in your home.

That is actually a good idea and since they have a speaker on it, that might actually be very practical. I am sure when starting the system up, the Wiimote makes some type of sound, and if it doesn't yet, I am sure Ninty will put this into effect in a later update.

It's a pitty there will no longer be a DVD player in the Wii. If no one has heard the news, Nintendo said they cut the feature to keep the price low. Source

Personally, I'm not that bothered by this because, to be perfectly honest, Wii would have been a mediocre DVD player. It doesn't have HD outputs, nor true Dolby Digital 5.1

At the same time, it might have been nice considering the Wii is sooo small and portable, so maybe someone will figure out a way to do it later on.

Last edited:
That sucks, 2 pieces so you can play DVDs, why cant they be like the Ps2 and give you the ability to play dvds first off.

I'm so disappointed that there wont be any sort of DVD support. I was hoping for a DivX supported DVD player so I can play my .avi files cause my crappy DVD player doesn't support the DivX format T_T

Back