Wii e-mail issue

sumomonster

The Forsaken
Jan 7, 2007
Windsor, Ontario, Canada
I added my own e-mail address to my Wii address book and my e-mail address received the confirmation e-mail. I replied to the e-mail to complete the process but when I turn on my Wii my name doesn't turn black on the address book for some reason and I also can't send any messages to my Wii. I know it's not the net connection because i'm able to use the Opera browser perfectly fine so does anybody know how to fix this? Thx.

Other info: I tested it while my Wii was off as well (with the orange light on meaning i've got standby connection turned on) and I don't get my cd slot turning blue like i've read in other threads.

Last edited:
sumomonster said:
I added my own e-mail address to my Wii address book and my e-mail address received the confirmation e-mail. I replied to the e-mail to complete the process but when I turn on my Wii my name doesn't turn black on the address book for some reason and I also can't send any messages to my Wii. I know it's not the net connection because i'm able to use the Opera browser perfectly fine so does anybody know how to fix this? Thx.

Other info: I tested it while my Wii was off as well (with the orange light on meaning i've got standby connection turned on) and I don't get my cd slot turning blue like i've read in other threads.

How long has it been since you replied to the Wii message on your PC? It can take some time before the Wii recognizes the reply and let's you communicate to that email address (should not take more than a day though).

The blue light only comes on when you have a message waiting and the Wii is in standby mode.

use firefox not IE6 or 7, firefox my wii took 5 mins to get a message with a pic, IE 7 it took 30 hours and i didnt get any pics

Wii17 said:
use firefox not IE6 or 7, firefox my wii took 5 mins to get a message with a pic, IE 7 it took 30 hours and i didnt get any pics

Hmm....interesting theory...i'll give this one a try.

@Skippy: I had waited a bit over 2 hours and still no response. Might be because I was using my hotmail e-mail through an IE7 browser

Thank you so much guys. I sent the message through Firefox and it worked like a dream. Only took about 7 mins to receive the message. You guys rock. Nice to find helpful ppl in atleast one thread i've taken part it. :thumbsup:

Back