"Wii edition" games

KPac511

WiiChat Member
Jan 13, 2007
I was thinking about this today... since Resident Evil 4 is getting a Wii edition and other games like The Godfather or Lego Star Wars have had or are going to have Wii editions come out... what other games do you think could be cool with Wii editions? I mean Mortal Kombat Armageddon is out now and I totally love it, but I'm talking about games that would REALLY fit on the Wii, like they would just work perfectly with the motion sensing controls and Wii remote, not so much throwing in online capabilities or whatever. Like I wouldn't mind if they re-released Metroid Prime 1 or 2 and the only change was the Wii controls. Expecting them to upgrade anything or add extra content is just asking for a new game anyway so for that, I'll just wait for MP3. Then any of the Mario sports games, it's pointless cuz they'll eventually just release new ones anyway and those'll have all the upgrades.
The only games I can really think of just keep coming back to Star Wars games so I guess I just really want that remote to be a damn lightsaber already.

i really think metroid prime 1,2 lugis mansio and mario sunshine deserve a wii-edition. they work perfect with the wii mote.

Oh man... Luigi's Mansion and Super Mario Sunshine... both very good ideas... especially since I never OWNED Luigi's Mansion and kinda always planned on it.

I think Pikmin would be good but that's kinda one where they could just make a Pikmin 3. But the 2 you named really are their own games. UNLESS Nintendo wants to make a sequel to Luigi's Mansion somehow :)

yea a sequal would be nice too. dont think mario sunshine will get a sequal, but luigi deserves one. also there better be a star fox and fzero planned for wii.

Well Super Mario Sunshine probably won't because it's basically Super Mario Bros. 7 or 8 or whatever they'd be up to by now if they kept the numbers goin. The water in SMS was kinda like the cape in Super Mario World or the raccoon suit in SMB3, ya know? So Super Mario Galaxy will have its own gimmicks and stuff and that's your sequel. But Super Mario Sunshine would be so fun on the Wii since you could just use the nunchuk for movement and the remote for the water stuff. It would make fighting Petey Piranha flying around a helluva lot easier at least.

No that's what I'm saying... The games could have both, but some games it's kinda pointless to release a Wii edition and might as well just have a sequel. Like RE4 has its Wii Edition coming out. Yeah, they could just wait for RE5 or whatever (Umbrella Chronicles isn't sounding like the sequel we'd like) but the GAME ITSELF of RE4 is what would matter and the Wii controls in it make the big difference. I said Metroid Prime 1&2 just cuz those GAMES are so good, even though Metroid Prime 3 will be out in a couple months. Oh man that feels good to say... after waiting since A YEAR AGO. And with Metroid Prime 1&2, the games are good, but the Wii controls would make it even more fun even though MP3 is so close. Anyway, for example, I'd love to see Luigi's Mansion get a Wii edition, but if Nintendo wanted to do that AND make a sequel a little later, I'm fine with that, too. I'm just curious what past games people would like to see get a Wii edition. Not an update at all, not a sequel, JUST get a release on the Wii to utilize Wii controls. I mean even if somebody wanted to see the original Super Mario Bros. game EXACTLY as is with 8-bit graphics and all and JUST wanted it to be released so you can control Mario by having him jump when you flick up the remote... then whatever lol But expecting updated graphics for all these games people love and wanna see on the Wii is kinda pointless to me cuz I'd just rather see a completely new game.
I guess I'm kinda gettin at it like this... When a company re-releases a game on a new system and updates the graphics and controls, it usually gets to the point where they might as well just make a new game. I always feel like they're just kinda re-hashing something that might've worked before so it'll be modern on a new system. I'd rather see a new game that sucks than an old game just made to look good. So if anybody releases "Wii editions" of games (like The Godfather) I'd rather have it just be that. A Wii edition. A little extra content is one thing but completely updating a game to fit the system, I'd rather just have a completely new game.

one number explains it all XIII... that game is so amazing probably my favorite FPS ever even better than goldeneye. I think it would be so amazing for the wii as long as they did the controls right... dont get me wrong i liked red steel but XIII is a new classic in my mind and want the controls perfect. and does anyone remember P.N.03 i think it would be cool with the wiimote but i dont know if anyone but me bought that game.

Wii Version of
- Devil May cry 4
- God of War 2
- GTA Stories Collection
- The Warriors
- Resident Evil 4 (**** yeah shes coming havent played it yet)
- Sega master system/genesis collection Alex Kidd/Mickey mouse illusion series
Come on Nintendo :lol:

im not like calling you out or anything cause i hate it when people do that... but i want to warn you people will get up set if you double post like that... what you should do is edit your last post. i just wanted to let you know

oh man i love the game... its kinda different and strange but if you let it grow on you, you will love it. I think most people didnt like it because it is super hard but i like hard games so that works for me... but yeah you should buy it, its probably around $10 used.

I would actually developers didn't waste time making Wii editions. It's not just a simple port because of all the control work that has to be done. I'm not sure how long it takes them of course but I'd rather not wait longer for new games because of it. Theres also too much porting on Wii already, probably a symptom of it's unpredicted success, and I'd rather see more new games, more quickly.

Back