Wii email working ?

Goots

Wii noob
Dec 9, 2006
North Wales, UK
Hi, is the Wii email system working for everyone ??

I have tried to "register" my pc email address within the Wii address book. I receive the email at my PC, then click on reply, as advised.

I don't get the message back at the Wii though, and in the address book, my email address entry is still greyed out, waiting for confirmation.

Anyone else had this problem ?? And any advice on how to solve it ??

ps- any email sent straight to the Wii isn't getting there either, though not sure if this is normal or not.

Cheers, and happy new year :)

this may sound stupid but after clicking reply are u sending the email? ^^.

is your wiiconnect24 set to 'always on'? in the wii options?.. i set mine to always on from the beggining so im not sure of the differences with it off.

iv sent a msg to my wii so will update this post if mines working(usually takes 10min to arrive on wii) incase it might be a prob at nintendo.

edit: yeah im getting mails on wii from my hotmail address

Last edited:
cheers for reply, and for testing.

yeah I'm clicking reply and everything adn my wiiconnect24 is always on.

weird.

thanks anyway.

Tried that on myn the other day worked fine...
Maybe was just busy at teh time on the net or something..
i think wii recieve most mail when its off well mine does anyway.

Oh, does the Wii have to be in "off" mode (red light) rather than "standby" (orange light) to recieve mail ??

When I first updated and stuff, I got a mail from Nintendo when the unit was in standby. Does email only come in when the unit is turned off ??

No, sorry my miss- type, Mine was on standby, Sorry there :)

If its tottally off i dont think the wii 24 conect thing works so you would'nt recieve anything i don't think..

Could of been just busy.. as i said i replied an got a reply couple days ago. might just be New Years E-Mail rush? or Your reply just never got sent something to do with your E-mail client?

Could been many reasons.

This is interesting but I thought I'd try again, but this time I used Outlook Express (yuk!) as my email client and it worked first time.

The strange thing is, now I have registered my PC as a "friend" I have gone back to using Thunderbird for email and everything is working perfectly.

I hope nintendo haven't coded something into the email registration which denies access for Thunderbird users. I don't know why they would, but who knows.

You can set up registered friends in the email bit of the Wii menu. I set up my own PC as a friend, then emailed my Wii from my PC.

This is how people get the Blue slot light to stay on, they send an email to their Wii, but never read it, hence the light stays lit :)

Of course if you're just using a PC it's easy to email yourself :)

Back