Wii Emulated?

Wii Are the Champions

WiiChat Member
Dec 1, 2006
Yo I seen ages ago on wii.qj.net that you can use the WiiMote as a Cursor and its easy to Iso a DVD so this means it will be easy to emulate Right?
Me and some of my friends have been working on a emulator but so far its Extremely buggy and Wii Sports is the only game that loads but even that you cant control. Updates to come soon.

Wii Are the Champions said:
Yo I seen ages ago on wii.qj.net that you can use the WiiMote as a Cursor and its easy to Iso a DVD so this means it will be easy to emulate Right?
Me and some of my friends have been working on a emulator but so far its Extremely buggy and Wii Sports is the only game that loads but even that you cant control. Updates to come soon.

I think your lying.

um... I've been using a top of the line gamecube emulator and it runs at an unplayable rate - even on my highend gaming computer

Even if you get something working, which is possible it'll be way to slow

There's a difference between possible and 'excessive hardware requirements'.

Dolphin emulates the Gamecube fairly well, it just requires an incredibly powerful computer to get any reasonable FPS out of it. I saw a video of somebody with a $5000 computer running RE4 on their PC with Dolphin at about 37FPS. It's only a matter of time.

Vagrant: you don't seem to understand.

It DOES work, and pretty damn well, but to get 60FPS, you'd need specs that arn't exactly feasible. Yet.

Silent-Sniper said:
Playing the Wii online with all functions..or playing it on your pc with hardly any games, no functions at all and unstable.

You decide :rolleyes:

... the wii doesn't have online play, where are you getting online?

and the wii could be emulated, but it would be rather hard, how did you burn the discs, do they actually spin backwards like some rumors?

MaXiMiUS said:
Vagrant: you don't seem to understand.

It DOES work, and pretty damn well, but to get 60FPS, you'd need specs that arn't exactly feasible. Yet.

I've been using emulation for like 10 years now. So thanks.

But as you will read, I never said it didn't work

and the wii could be emulated, but it would be rather hard, how did you burn the discs, do they actually spin backwards like some rumors?.

He didn't say anything about online play.

How can you need excessive equipment to run wii games on a PC? It only has about 700mHz of power itself.

vagrant said:
PS2 - Emulation not really possible
Dreamcast - Emulation not really possible
Gamecube - Emulation not really possible
Xbox - Emulation not really possible
DS - Not possible
This Generation - Not really possible.

I also highly doubt you even got wiisports on your pc.
horrible answers.

you need to say steep hardware requirements rather then implying it can't be done and leaving false impresions on people.

There's most likely working emulators for all of these

pizzaluvr said:

and the wii could be emulated, but it would be rather hard, how did you burn the discs, do they actually spin backwards like some rumors?

Online meaning their forum and everything, and next year it will have online games so shh.

ftcmark said:
How can you need excessive equipment to run wii games on a PC? It only has about 700mHz of power itself.

(Just for the record, I was talking about GAMECUBE emulation before).

Generally, you have to emulate exactly, or close to how the console's CPU behaves. This is very resource intensive, and takes a LONG time to optimize (meaning: find cheap tricks to make it use less resources and still emulate properly).

Back