Wii Equipment Questions

bulls6pack

WiiChat Member
Dec 8, 2009
Peoria, IL.
I'm new to the Wii world and I have a few questions. First off, does Wii support HD and HDMI cables? If not what hookup do you recommend for best picture and sound? Secondly, are classic controllers wireless or not? Lastly, can someone explain the ultra sensor bar and the clear rubber cases for the wiimotes that plug into the bottom of your wiimotes? Are they worth the extra expense, and do they make the regular clear rubber cases for the wiimotes that dont plug into your wiimote? Thanx for any responses!

No, the Wii does not support HD or HDMI. The best picture it can display is 480p. You need the component cable to use 480p. Classic controllers plug into the Wii Remote with a wire. I don't know what you mean by "wiimotes that plug into wiimotes". The clear rubber case for the Wii Remote is called a "jacket" and it is meant to cushion the Wii Remote in case you drop or throw it accidentally.

So the classic controller has to stay plugged into the wii remote at all times or just to charge it? Also I was referring to the jacket when I asked about it plugging into the bottom of the wii remote when it is on. I thought I saw somewhere where the wii remote slides into the jacket plugging itself into a connector inside the jacket at the bottom, giving the wii remote more sensitivity to the game? Are all jackets like this or do they make just the jacket with no type of connection?

So the classic controller has to stay plugged into the wii remote at all times or just to charge it?

It's got to be plugged in at all times.

Also I was referring to the jacket when I asked about it plugging into the bottom of the wii remote when it is on. I thought I saw somewhere where the wii remote slides into the jacket plugging itself into a connector inside the jacket at the bottom, giving the wii remote more sensitivity to the game? Are all jackets like this or do they make just the jacket with no type of connection?

You're talking about two different things.

1. Wiimotes have a rubber jacket around them for protection of the wiimote and objects they might hit. A regular rubber jacket is just that, nothing that plugs into anything.

2. A Wiimotion device is what you're describing. It increases the sensitivity for a handful of games, most notably Sports Resort. It's built into a rubber jacket and plugs into the bottom.

Patience?

If it's that important that you have to answer an answer immediately next time, I suggest using the link below:

http://tinyurl.com/yb4b2sp

Back