Wii ethernet adaper

WizKid

Raving Rabbit
Nov 13, 2006
Opelika, AL
How many of you (who do not have a wii yet) are mad at Nitendo for not telling us (in the instruction manual or otherwise) what chipset the ethernet adapter uses? After all, it's just a branded adapter. :crazy:

Or at the very least, post a list of compatible adapter that you can buy at a retail store (such as Best Buy).

The chipsets that I know of are:

KLSI KL5USB1013
Pegasus/Pegasus-II
Realtek 8150
ASIX AX88xxx
GeneSys GL620USB-A
NetChip 1080
Prolific PL-2301/2302
MosChip MCS7830
ALi M5632
AnchorChips 2720

Last edited:
Yeah, it kinda sucks how there isn't much info about the ethernet adapter at all. I've been waiting on the adapter since i bought my wii. I have the end of an ethernet cable sitting next to my wii ready to be plugged in, so it wouldn't really make much sense to buy a new router when all i need is a simple adapter.

I guess all we can do is hope that the adapter is released soon.

Josh_D said:
Yeah, it kinda sucks how there isn't much info about the ethernet adapter at all. I've been waiting on the adapter since i bought my wii. I have the end of an ethernet cable sitting next to my wii ready to be plugged in, so it wouldn't really make much sense to buy a new router when all i need is a simple adapter.

I guess all we can do is hope that the adapter is released soon.

no need to wait just by a wireless router for $39.99...youre probley gonna spend just as much on the adapter anyways!

Back