Wii evening with 6 consoles

djmontano

WiiChat Member
Nov 27, 2007
I'm trying to raise a bit of money for the school I work in. I'm thinking about a Wii bowling / boxing / tennis evening for the staff /students.

Looking to get six consoles with projectors (big screen gaming!) and make a tournament of it (staff v students etc, etc) in our school hall.

My question is: -
Can I have six consoles close to one another (will the remotes interfere with the other consoles?)

Thank you for your time

Dave

if the sensor bars are too close ( i say within 5 feet ) they will interfere with eachother, unless you can box them off with a seperation wall sorta thing, maybe posterboard, somethin cheap. but i am warning you..6 wii's will cost you A LOT around the holidays :yikes:

@jay588

Thanks for that. Great info.

I have a few staff members willing to lend their own consoles for the evening.......
:smilewinkgrin:

Wiizel said:
The sensor bars do not sense anything.
He knows that, but if someone points their wiimote at another sensor bar, it will interfere with the gameplay.

So why would they be pointing at the wrong screen? Also wii sports is more motion sensitive focused pointer focused.

heh.

His original question was, will there be interference with having multiple wiis in one room with multiple blue tooth controllers.

It'll be a pain in the ass for sure - you may have to bring each console up one by one. The sensor bar setup is no worries in this setup. It's the controllers syncing up.

You only need sensor bars on the home menu...

Bluetooth allows 7 channels...Separate rooms maybe?

Wow, Wiizel gets some rep for actually knowing what he's talking about.

If you are just doing Wii Sports then dont worry because the wiimotes wont go off onto the other screen. If it isnt synced with the other console it wont work.:smilewinkgrin: All you need sensor bar for it is the home channel and picking the sport.
Now syncing on the other hand, you just have to do it one by one. make sure no other peopel are doing this or you may have to just start all over.

Hope you have fun. Also beware people smacking eachother with the wiimote during boxing ect.:lol:

What the heck Laderer? You think Bluetooth has unlimited channels or something?

Picking the sport can use the d-pad :O

Brawny said:
What the heck Laderer? You think Bluetooth has unlimited channels or something?

Picking the sport can use the d-pad :O

I know it only has certain amounts but you have a point. Just use the D-Pad to pick the games. Also you can use the Virtual Console Joystick to pick the games in the Home Menu. So you actually dont need a sensor bar at all>:lol:

Yes you can use the VC controller in the home menu to pick channels:cool:

laderer5 said:
If you are just doing Wii Sports then dont worry because the wiimotes wont go off onto the other screen. If it isnt synced with the other console it wont work.:smilewinkgrin: All you need sensor bar for it is the home channel and picking the sport.
Now syncing on the other hand, you just have to do it one by one. make sure no other peopel are doing this or you may have to just start all over.

Hope you have fun. Also beware people smacking eachother with the wiimote during boxing ect.:lol:
You don't understand Bluetooth at all...

Well previous weekend I was at a game event and I was playing a wii next to another wii together with my friend

At some point ( when we went back to the title screen ) my wiimote fixed on the wii next to us. But there was a guy playing there so I got made player 2. I could press the home button ( because he was playing a singleplayer game ) to anoy him and he didnt even know about it :p Did this like 6 times and than went to another stand because we couldnt recalibrate the wiimote on our wii.

Surely if there close to each other only 1 sensor bar would be required? seeing as its the motes that detect the bar not the bar detecting the remotes.

Vigilantiast said:
Surely if there close to each other only 1 sensor bar would be required? seeing as its the motes that detect the bar not the bar detecting the remotes.
Correct. The only reason the sensor bar is plugged in at all is to power it.

However, depending on how many people there were, they could not all use their Wiimotes at once, as Bluetooth only has a small number of channels.

Back