Wii Exchanges

TheDarknes

WiiChat Member
Jul 31, 2007
Does anybody know how retail stores do Wii returns/exchanges. Well, mostly exchanges. I know that if you want to return a Wii, it has to be unopened. But if you want to exchange it, it can be open, but needs to be in its original box. The reason I ask is because my Wii has stopped working(the disc drive doesn't suck up games anymore), and it is NOT under Nintendo's warranty(voided). I got my Wii from Toys R' Us, and it is still under the 45 day return/exchange policy.

If you still have the receipt you bought it with then you should be able to return the system and trade it in for a new one. You most likely will have to talk to one of the employees over at Toys R' Us first however.

See, thats exactly what I was thinking (I do have the receipt) ^^

But the problem is that they probably don't have any Wii's in stock. So I wasn't sure how they would give me a new Wii if they don't have any.

If you were to return it soon and they didn't have any Wii's in stock then I'm pretty sure once they got a shipment in they would hold one for you and let you know when to pick it up. However you're going to have to talk that over with one of the employees over at Toys R' Us.

yeah do what people used to do to me at radioshack back in the day. if they purchased something and it "didnt work" even though we knew they opened it, we just either A, gave them store credit (the customer is always right) or a equal exchange.

what you can do is this if you want to be crafty. dont mention the disk drive. infact just say you want to return your wii becuase you didnt like it. or you recieved this as a gift and you have the recipt from the person who bought it. usually its some kid behind hte counter whos parents made them get the job and they dont care. theyll process the return and either A) give you the money back if you have the credit card it was purchased on or cash, B) what i mentioned above or C) just take the gift card.

you can then on a different day purchase the wii again at a different store.

people do this ALL the time in the world of retail.

If i return it without telling them the disc drive doesn't work(meaning I never opened the Wii), will they resell it right away, or will they send it back to nintendo even though i told them it was unopened?

I'd recomend you just take it in, tell them the problem it is having and then they will either give you another wii, or your money back if they do not have one. I work at Best Buy and if a customer came in with an open wii and just said they didnt like it and didnt say there was anything wrong with it, there is a restocking fee applied to the return. i believe toys r us does the same...so best bet is to just tell them the problem and exchange it as broken.

9 out of 10 times they send it back to distribution if its opened. they test it and repackage it.

the only time a story ever keeps an opened package for resale is if it can be "resealable"

i know that in radioshack if we got opened packages that couldnt be resealed they went back to "rmac" which was their warehouse. if it was in a case that can be stickied and appear to be unopened, it went back on the shelves

Back